Best Friend

Hai

So, I want to let you guys know that this chapter is going to have feels.

But, don't fret, this story isn't going to be sad, not for long.

Soon, it will be fluffy af. XD

Anyway, enjoy this short chapter, next one will probably be longer!

~

Tobias Point of View

The nice thing was that Mr. Eaton's anger drained off, he apologized more then once for his behavior at the dinner, he acted like a different person after I forgave him. He acted like a male version of Tris. A kind, selfless heart and a brave mind. He reminded me of her, he reminded me of her too much. I only took one glance at him and saw my bold, beautiful Tris.

The woman at the desk allowed my friends in because of Mr. Eaton's permission, I didn't mind going in her hospital room again, anything to see her face again. My friends clutter around her, each of them grabbing her hand and whispering something in her ear. Chris dived into a puddle of tears once she walked in, like how I felt everytime I paced in her room.

Eventually, once they all spoke to her, they left one by one, until it was only me left, I sat in the same chair I've sat for what seemed like a century. I grab her hand, warm from other hands, her warmth caught me off guard, hot, as if she'll open her vibrant eyes and grin.

I stay silent, the rest of the hospital quiet except the steady beat of her heart.

Abruptly, her heartbeat accelerated, I tensed, worried, her breathing got heavier.

"Tris?" I whisper, swallowing hard, gripping her hand tight. Her eyes suddenly shot open. She looks around, eyes alert. My heart thunders against my ribs, she's awake. I burst into happy tears, watching her stormy eyes scan mine, those eyes that I've yearned to see for such a long time. I hug her, wanting to kiss her on her warm lips, that slowly go back to it's pink shade.

But, she's so oddly quiet.

My heart drops, I pull away, her eyes skim mine curiously.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do," She utters, smiling slightly, but I could still see confusion in her round face, "You're Tobias, my best friend."

My lip quivers as I take in a shuddery breath. She only remembers that we were best friends. She...She doesn't remember all of our memories. I let my tears roll down my face, which go so slow, just like they way everything else is going, in slow motion. I can't describe the feelings that are going through me, I'm so happy that she's awake, but I can't help feeling so fucking sad that she doesn't remember that I love her so much.

If she doesn't remember you, the doctor's words flow through my head, don't tell her, soon, she will.

Her pretty face looks puzzled, I clear my throat, pushing back a sob. "Yeah." I murmured, nodding.

She grinned, while I broke down inside.