Chapter 4

"How could I forget? I came here with my mum to pay for my tuition. The principal himself showed me the way to my class. This place looks a lot bigger than before", thought Mia freaking out as she halted briefly.

"Murmur murmur"
"She looks new"
"Why did she suddenly stop in the middle of the hallway?"
"Looks kinda confused if you ask me"
"Please don't walk up to me"
"I hope she's not in my class", murmured the people around.

"Well... I guess asking for directions is out of the question", concluded Mia as she heard them, "Honestly, if they want to gossip they could as well do it a little quieter."

At a distance someone heard the murmurings and closed their locker forcefully out of annoyance.

Mia was about to find her way to class when someone walked up behind her.

"Hey! What are you looking for?"

"Huh?" asked Mia in response to the soothing voice she just heard. She turned around to see an unbelievably gorgeous guy about her age with white hair, blue eyes and a faded hairstyle. Taller than her and looked Asian-American. He was wearing the same uniform as her but instead of a skirt it was trousers.

"What is going on! Did this angel just talk to me. He's basically perfect", thought Mia freaking out, "Calm down Mia. Don't be vain. He's just a person... Do they seriously just allow students to dye their hair in this school. So unruly."

"Hey! I asked you a question", he continued with a stern face.

"Oh sorry, I just came in and I forgot where my class was. I'm new here by the way. I wanted to ask for directions but it looked like..."
"I didn't ask you for your life story I just asked what you were looking for", said the guy annoyed.

"Mean much. I guess nobody is perfect", thought Mia misjudging.
"Sorry, I'm looking for my class. I'm in 9th grade A", she continued.

The guy averted his eyes looking more annoyed than usual. He then started walking away.

"Wow just like that. Why walk up to me if you're just gonna walk away", murmured Mia annoyed.

"Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to follow me", asked the guy turning.

"Oh", replied Mia taken aback, "I'm coming."

The school has a total of two floors. The junior floor(first floor) which is called that because it's mostly composed of the 7th, 8th and 9th grades (despite having other necessary rooms) and the senior floor(second floor) which is also called that because it's mostly composed of the 10th, 11th and 12th classes. Then the cafeteria on the ground floor.

They went up to the first floor and stopped at a door which had 9th Grade A written on a plaque on top of the door.

"I guess this is it", Mia thought to herself.

She was about to reach for the door handle when the guy opened the door for her with his hand signalling that she should go in but still with a straight face.

She was taken aback by the gesture. "So he's unexpectedly chivalrous. I dont get this guy at all".

She then looked on ahead and froze at the sight of her class. The seats were arranged in 4 rows and 5 columns with 19 students inside. The class was rowdy and lively.

"Why am I so nervous?" Mia asked herself, "I dont remember feeling like this when I transferred to my last school... well, I was younger then and there were fewer people because it was a private school, but still."

She stood there for a while as the guy looked at her sighed and went inside the class.

"Why is he entering my class", Mia asked herself confused.

He then walked towards the seat on the third row by the wall facing outside and sat down.

"Huh. So he's in my class.... WHAAT! No wonder he looked annoyed when I said I was in this class. I was hoping that I won't run into him again. Now that's going to be hard."

Mia was still deep in thought when someone tapped her from behind. She turned immediately only to see a black woman with short afro hair and black eyes.

"Are you Mia Parker", she asked.
"Yes ma'am, that's me"
"Oh good. Just the person I was looking for. I'm Mrs. Okafor and I'm your form teacher, the teacher that's in charge of your class that is."
"Mrs. Uka-four?"
"(Giggle) You'll learn it soon enough. Now get in the class. We need to introduce you and begin classes."
"Oh, umm ok."

"Its time to face your fears", Mia murmured to herself before she went in.....