Chapter 11

"Finally, you're awake. How are you feeling now. Are you okay?", asked Roxanne sitting on a chair beside the bed but she was wearing regular clothes.

"What the- WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM", Mia exclaimed confused.

"Your room? Actually, this mine. Don't you remember what happened?" asked Roxanne, then she looked coldly at Nathan who was leaning on the wall also wearing regular clothes.

"Don't look at me. I didn't do anything", he said in defense.

Mia felt a sharp pain then looked at her body. She had few bruises, mainly on her back and arm but they were all cleaned. It wasn't serious enough for dressing though.

She finally came to a realization.
"So you're telling me that- what happened in the alley... wasn't a dream?" Mia said while trembling.

Roxanne looked at her wounds, winced then looked away.

Nathan noticed.
"Yep.... I get it though. You're in shock. It doesn't seem real," he replied while coming closer to the bed. He put one of his hands on Roxanne's left shoulder then continued, "But as much as I hate to say this, now's not the time to be trembling."

Roxanne got a hold of herself.
"I agree. We have a lot to discuss."

When Nathan came closer, Mia backed up a bit in fear.

Nathan looked at her with an oblivious expression. He then pointed at himself. "Me?" he said still pointing, then snorted, "You're scared of me?.... Well, sorry for trying to save your life. I'll take some steps back if that makes you more comfortable", he said sarcastically then moved back to his initial position.

"My life?" Mia thought, "So I was really in danger.... I can't associate myself with them. I need to get out of here."

"I told you not to scare her", Roxanne said to Nathan annoyed.

"What? It's not my fault. I didn't know we were going to be in this situation", Nathan pointed out.

Mia thought for a while then said, "I don't understand what happened back there.... I realize I shouldn't have let my curiosity get the better of me. You cleaned my wounds so I'm grateful. We can call it even, but- I just want to go back home", she said while getting up from the bed.

"Mia, you don't understand. Just wait", Roxanne said also getting up.

"If it's a secret,- you don't have to worry. I won't tell anybody... Heck, I'll pretend that it never happened. Just let me go", Mia said still scared but trying her best to hide it.

"It's not that simple."
The door then opened and Dale walked in. He looked at Mia then continued, "You found out something you shouldn't have and you expect to walk out of here like nothing ever happened."

Mia looked towards the side, avoiding eye contact.

He then sighed then continued, "We're not going to hold you here against your will.... They're not bad people so you can atleast drop your guard a little."

"Just give me twenty minutes to explain", Roxanne added, "After that, you can do whatever you want to do".

Mia thought about it. Judging from the expression on their faces, she could tell they were serious about what they said.

"(Sigh) Ok. Just twenty minutes then I'm going home", Mia concluded then sat down on the bed.

"Since you've agreed, there's no need to waste more time", Roxanne said then paused and continued, "You must be familiar with the gods, right?"

"The gods? I'm a Christian, please" Mia said alarmed. "Are these people in a cult?" she thought to herself.

"Relax. We're not in a cult", Nathan said on seeing her reaction.