Chapter 7

A week had already gone by since that day. Mia and Chimamanda became quite close (her only friend at the moment). Mia had caught up in the studies that she missed which was surprisingly fast according to Chimamanda.

She didn't meet The Three after that day and she barely talked to Dale in class.

Time quickly passed and they were having their last class before Lunch. It was History class.

"Alright class! Today we'll be talking about the beliefs of other countries, particularly Greek mythology", began Mr. Wilfred, their History teacher, "In the past, the Greeks had all sorts of gods they worshipped. I'm sure all of you are conversant with the name Zeus, god of thunder and lightning and king of Olympus. He's just one of the many gods. There were some gods that were believed to be good like Hercules, Aphrodite, Ares, Artemis, etc and other that were believed to be evil like Medusa, Dolos, Hades.
"Medusa was cursed by the gods which replaced her hair with snakes and gave her the power to turn anyone she looks at into stone. Dolos was trickster, god of deception, quite cunning, always found a way to get what he wanted and the apprentice of the Titan Prometheus. And Hades was the king of the underworld..."

"Hey you", Mia heard Dale call her from behind. She was immediately flustered because he's never really talked to her since her first day.

"Yeah?" she asked turning back cautiously.

"Move your head. I can't see", he said plainly.

"Oh. Sorry", she said moving her head a little disappointed. "What did you expect Mia", she thought.

~■~
After a while, the class came to an end.
"All of you should revise on this topic. You'll have a test first thing tomorrow", stated Mr. Wilfred.

The whole class began to groan on hearing about the test.

People began to leave the class to go to lunch. Mia and Amanda were walking together as usual when Mrs. Okafor called them to her office while holding some books.

"Oh, Chimamanda, Mia, good timing. Could you help me carry these books to the library. I know it's a lot but with both of you doing it, it won't take too long", Mrs. Okafor said pointing at a big stack of books.

"Sure mu- I mean ma'am", corrected Chimamanda.

"It's no problem at all", replied Mia.

Then Mrs. Okafor thanked them and went to the library with the books she had.

Mia and Amanda went towards the books.
"Why do you call your mother ma'am instead of mum?" asked Mia curious.

"Eh, nothing really. We just had a mutual agreement to keep our school lives and personal lives different", answered Amanda.

Mia was about to pick up a big stack of books so she rolled her sleeves up.

"Woah! Is that tattoo on your arm", asked Chimamanda surprised.

"You mean this", said Mia as she pointed at a mark on her upper arm that was hidden behind her sleeve, "Nah, it's just a birthmark."

"That's a birthmark? It looks like two perfectly drawn wings with a sort of cross in the middle", continued Amanda unconvinced.

"Well I've had it for as long as I remember so I dont know.... If it's weird, I'll just bring my sleeve back down", said Mia as she brought it down.

~■~
They finished the work and went late to the cafeteria. They stayed in their usual table and had lunch.

Mia had already noticed by now that The Three sat on the same table by themselves during lunch and always went home together so she was surprised when she saw Roxanne and Nathan leave Dale in the cafeteria and went home.

After lunch, many people had gone back home. Mia then realized that she forgot the key to her locker in class. She told Amanda to go home without her since they didn't live near each other. Amanda reluctantly agreed.

As Mia left the cafeteria she noticed that shortly after, Dale left too.

She went to her class and found the key under her desk. As she was about to leave she noticed that Dale left his History textbook on top of his desk and they had a test the next day.

"I still have time. He just left so he couldn't have gotten far", she thought as she decided to give it to him.

She then saw him outside the window.
"There he is.... But why is he going towards the opposite direction of his house." She said this because she noticed the direction The Three took whenever they left the school. She decided to follow him and give the book to him.

She quickly ran outside. She saw him acting suspicious and heading towards a lonely alley near the school. The alley had a wall at the end of it but still walking space at the sides.

She hid behind the wall at the corner if the alley. She then saw as Dale stopped in front of the wall at the alley's end.

"What is he doing?" she thought to herself.

He was about to touch the wall when he looked back. Mia hid her head behind the wall.

"Did he see me? I don't think he did.... What am I even doing here spying on him. I should've just called his name and given him the book in the first place",she thought, "I'll do it now."

She turned towards the alley to call for Dale but she didn't see anyone there.

"W-what?! But I just saw him here. Where did he go?" asked Mia confused.

"Hey you", Mia heard someone approach behind her.

"AARGHH!!!".....