Chapter 4

A/N - shorter chapter but I'm back so who can complain ✌🏾

I have 2 exams left physically can't wait

~~~

Isabella

"You two went out and did what?", the layout of the kitchen right now resembled two things - either a courtroom with the two defendants standing before the judge, or a classroom with two students being told off by a teacher.

Zane and Phoenix were standing in the middle of the room with Marco opposite them, the rest of us (that being me, Xander, Xav, Milo, Cay and Scott) watching in anticipation.

"Okay in our defence we were just scoping it out y'know? Well that's what Zane told me anyway, we-,", Phoenix's explanation had me biting back a smile, well until Marco cut him off anyway.

"You shouldn't even be talking right now", he snapped, I swear my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when Zane stepped forwards and squared up to our cousin, his chest rising and falling as he balled his fists.

"You will not speak to him like that", he warned Marco who only hummed and cleared his throat.

"You disobeyed me", he replied.

"The last I checked I don't take orders from you", Zane cocked his head and Caleb whistled lowly in the background.

"And I take orders from you?", he asked, "remember, I'm the one who's practically keeping your siblings safe right now; if you were on your own-,". Zane gripped Marco by the collar and twisted his shirt in his hand, the close proximity between them causing the rest of us to fall into an even more silent silence.

"If I was on my own, what?", he pushed, "you don't think I'd protect them with my fucking life? You don't think I wouldn't take another bullet for them? Don't underestimate me Marco, I may show more emotion than you but I can be you and ten times worse".

He released him and turned, not even glancing back as he latched onto Phoenix's wrist and left the room with him - not even nine in the morning.

"Damn", Xander whistled lowly, "and he didn't even retaliate". That didn't really shock me, I'd never seen Marco retaliate to anything- well, until his brothers were involved.

"Good morning", speaking of two of the devils, also the two birthday boys, Eli and Zeke strolled into the room. The pair of them were shirtless, something that I was growing accustomed to seeing in this house on a daily basis; Eli was in black shorts and Zeke in grey.

"Happy birthday", everyone said in unison and two smiles broke out on their faces - per request by the pair of them, they wanted minimal celebration today even though it was literally their 18th. Apparently with everything going on, they weren't feeling the birthday spirit and wanted us to respect that, I was having a hard time doing that though.

"I can literally feel your eyes burning into me Izzy", Eli rolled his eyes and I squinted at him, "we don't wanna do anything".

"Yeah Izzy", Xav practically jumped on my back and ruffled my hair, I don't think he realised that he was fucking 6'1 and huge compared to me, "we can do something if you wanna, I'm free until four".

"What's happening at four?", Xander asked with his mouth full as he handed each twin a wad of cash, "no drugs, or do- I don't care".

"No drugs", Marco cut him off with a shake of the head, "your presents are at home, later".

"Therapy is at four", Xav answered his twin's question and he hummed, "oh shit wait, I have something to do at three too".

"What's that?", Scott moved towards the fridge and started digging around, "who ate the fucking cake that was in here?".