Chapter 34

A/N - no way did I just produce a 5k word chapter this quick don't say I don't love you❤️

TW- happy couples😐

Who's ready to find out the gender of Chase and Rory's baby😍💗💙

~~~

August 12th. My 18th birthday, and the most un-birthday like birthday I'd ever experienced, and it was only ten in the morning.

I'd had yet another restless night, my mind being flooded with flashbacks while I was both awake and asleep; it got to the point where I shot up out of bed in cold sweats, chest heaving, tears threatening to spill, and I knew I couldn't go back to sleep.

That was at eight, and for the past two hours, Caleb and I had been lying in my bed just talking about random stuff; I felt bad for waking him up so early but he assured me it was fine over and over again.

"Nine days until Chase and Rory's gender reveal", he sat up, pushing his hair out of his face- guy needed a haircut, "do you wanna hear what I've planned?". He really must've been trying to cheer me up because he'd sworn to not tell anyone what he'd come up with until at least the night before.

"I do", I nodded eagerly, "please tell me you kept it simple like Chase asked". A smile tugged at his lips and I was about to tell him off, but he cleared his throat and nodded twice.

"I did", he surprised me by saying, "as much as I wanted to, I couldn't mess up this for him...especially since I made him telling us the news such a fucking mess". He wasn't wrong.

"Yeah that wasn't fun", I muttered, "okay, tell me the idea".

"Okay, so I'm gonna-", the door flew open and I huffed, there went the topic of conversation, "son of a bitch".

As much as I was desperate to hear about what Caleb had planned, I couldn't help but smile at the sight of Xav on the other side of the door. He was already dressed in shorts and a blue hoodie which was shocking, and Ash stood at his feet, brushing his head on his ankles occasionally. In his hands was an almost flat present, a rectangle that wasn't too big nor too small.

"Before you shoo me away, I know you said you don't want presents and stuff, but this is a small one I promise", he stepped in without invitation, "Cub". He dropped onto the bed, nodding at our brother and handing me the present; his wrapping was awful but it was the thought that counted.

"Xav", Cay nodded back, leaning on his elbows and watching from where he was, "I uh, kinda got you something too princesa, I couldn't help myself".

"I figured you guys would", I admitted with a small smile, "It's fine, I can't get mad at you for buying me presents". I ripped the paper from Xav's gift delicately and pulled out the photo frame, spinning it around and letting a small gasp escape me.

It didn't take a genius to figure out the girl in the picture was me, I had to be about 2, my hair as black as ever and in two pigtails with little blue bows on them; I was grinning into the camera with ice cream all over my face- the person holding the ice cream in front of me from behind and grinning was one of the twins.

"I am praying on everything that it's me in the picture", Xav scratched his neck, "I stayed up all night digging through Zane's office and when I found it everyone was asleep, so we'll ask him later".

"You stayed up all night?", I asked at the same time Caleb said, "you went digging in Zane's office?". Xav just shrugged, stroking Ash's back as he ran in circles around our feet.

"I wanted to get Izzy something that was small, but still meant a lot", he admitted, "you see how I'm looking at you in that photo? Like you're my favourite person in the world? I still do, and you still are".