Chapter 36

A/ N - I'm on a roll although this is shorter😜

TW - scenes some may find upsetting towards the end

~~~

Isabella

2 months later

"A cauliflower?", I examined the vegetable on the counter and then looked at Rory's stomach, "woah".

"My niece is the size of that?", Xav leaned forwards, staring at it like it was radioactive, "is she heavy Rory?".

"Well she's not exactly light", she chuckled, rubbing a hand on her stomach, "she's a kicker though".

"A future fighter in the making", Xander entered the room in nothing but a towel, making Chase look at him in disgust.

"Do you have no shame?", he rubbed his glasses on his jeans and put them back on.

"Should I?", he raised an eyebrow, "as far as I know, you don't live here anymore". Yeah...that'd happened.

Chase had bought a house at the start of September, claiming he and Rory needed the space to raise their daughter properly, the house was getting emptier as the year went on.

"Doesn't mean I need to see your body when I visit", he frowned, "when did you get that tattoo?".

Xander's eyes widened and he glanced at his arm; the detailed thorns that wrapped around his arm from shoulder to wrist.

"Uh...", he scratched his neck and looked at Xav and I for help, no chance, "it's temporary?".

"Temporary my ass", Caleb strolled in, "he got it two weeks ago, when he was drunk, with his 'friend'". Oh yeah, his friend.

"Pft, friend", Xav snorted, "it's fucking obvious Xan, I don't know why you're holding back". I didn't either, but that didn't mean I was gonna pressure the guy to announce it to all of us.

He ignored us, opening the fridge and retrieving a can of coke, leaving the room as quickly as he came; the reaction making his twin roll his eyes and sigh.

"Where's Zane?", Caleb asked, picking up the cauliflower and frowning.

"That's the size of the baby", Chase answered his unspoken question and he hummed, placing it back down, "she's-,".

"Am I doing something wrong?", Xav cut him off, Chase snapped his mouth shut, "he hasn't spoken to me about this guy once, it's been months- we tell each other everything, at least we used to; I think I talk to my therapist more now".

"Tell me about it", I muttered. Zane had set up weekly appointments for me with a therapist, and they'd been going well for over a month now; I was slowly starting to bounce back from everything, and Amara was a great listener.

"You're not doing anything wrong", Chase shook his head at Xav, "he's always been secretive, and I bet you haven't thought about the other side of it- his 'friend's' side of it".

"Meaning what?", Xav grabbed the cauliflower, ripping some off and throwing it at Cay's head.

"Lots of things", he shrugged, "maybe his friend isn't ready to come out, to meet us, to be in a relationship yet".

"Oh yeah", Xav mumbled, "well now I look like an idiot".

"No you don't", Rory chuckled, "he's your twin, you just want the best for him".

"Course I do", he ducked when Cay threw the same piece of cauliflower back, "he's my wombmate".
Christ.

"Don't ever say that again", I pleaded, pinching the bridge of my nose, "please".