Chapter 29

A/N - I apologise from now.

TW - upsetting scenes this chapter...

~~~

Isabella

The sound of something banging- loud, made me sit upright instantly; where the fuck was I?

I was in a bed, a fucking huge one at that, that sat in the middle of a white and gold themed bedroom. Gold curtains, white walls, this wasn't my room.

Then it all came back to me. Nico, his dad, me being fucking kidnapped.

Shit.

The banging continued and I soon realised it wasn't a figment of my imagination. Rubbing my eyes I hauled the cloud-like duvet off of my body and yawned, I had to get out of here.

I tiptoed towards the door as the banging grew more frequent, looking down at my outfit I realised I was in a huge t-shirt I'd never seen before; why couldn't I remember shit? I pressed my right ear against the wood, hearing what sounded like the door breaking down and hitting the floor- what if it was the guys?

"Where is she?", I cupped a hand over my mouth and let a quiet sob come out- Zane. I wanted to yank the door open and scream for him- for them if the others were here too; but I was frozen.

I couldn't move.

"Where the fuck is our sister?", Scott.

Another sob came out as my hand hovered over the doorknob, stuck there, trembling. Come on Izzy, they're right there. I didn't realise I'd been holding my breath until I blinked, a huge exhale leaving my lungs as hot tears poured down my cheeks- get a hold of yourself Izzy, breathe.

"I heard something", I was nearly certain that the hushed voice was Caleb, but I couldn't be sure; he and Scott sounded alike sometimes, "Isabella!". I wanted to scream out, make a noise, anything, but I fucking couldn't.

I was gonna die in here.

I didn't even have time to blink as gunshots filled the air, sending bile up my throat before I forced it back down.

Please don't let it be them.

My sobs grew louder, more desperate, more frequent, and I held a hand over my throat to try and let some oxygen in.

I was gonna pass out at this rate, I'd never felt so weak in my life; maybe this was why my parents split us up- they knew the boys would be these amazing, protective, strong people and I'd be the weakest link, stupid enough to walk into my own kidnapping and not make a sound when I was being rescued.

I pressed my forehead against the door and tried to catch my breath, squeezing my eyes shut when black dots clouded my vision; I was gonna die, I was gonna die.

Two more shots filled the air and I held my breath again, praying that they were down there killing that good for nothing piece of shit.

Until silence hit.

Complete and utter silence.

I knew that wasn't a good sign when it came to my brothers.

And upon hearing that silence, it was like something in me clicked; the tears began to subside and my breathing evened out, my mind urging me to turn the doorknob and investigate downstairs.

I rubbed my eyes, and extended my shaky right hand towards the golden doorknob, twisting it and feeling my heart clench when it clicked.

Here goes nothing Izzy.