Chapter 38

A/N - look who's back 🧍🏾‍♀️

Shorter chapter but oh well ig😍

~~~

Isabella

"Would you still love me if I was a tortoise?", I watched Ezra's face morph into one of confusion and disgust, "answer it then".

"What, like Gio?", he frowned, "fuck no, the little shit hates me".

"But this is me we're talking about!", I rolled onto my stomach and held the phone in front of my face; Ezra had been gone for 11 days and still had another 10 to go, if he lying if I said I wasn't having withdrawals.

"But you're not a tortoise!", he exclaimed and I groaned, "we're moving on from this question".

"Fine, but we're not done with it", I jabbed a finger at him and he rolled his eyes, scratching his head.

"Would you still love me if I told you I punched Maceo last night and had a screaming match with Dad?", oh.

"Okay, so we're not being hypothetical anymore", I nodded to myself, "what happened?". He rubbed a hand down his face and sighed, I hated being so far away from him and having to watch him through a screen.

"The same shit that's been happening since we got here- they wanna go out, I don't, they get angry, it kicks off", he scowled, "yesterday was a shitshow though".

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?", I asked apprehensively, assuming it wasn't exactly gonna be a fun story.

"Yeah", he nodded, "we were all having dinner at the table- they'd all gone shopping and shit during the day but I stayed back, I uh- kinda had a panic attack while they were gone-,".

"Why didn't you call me?", I breathed out, "Ezra-,".

"I didn't want to worry you darlin', and I know you would've felt like shit cuz you were so far away", he shrugged, "I'll call you if it happens again yeah? I promise".

"And you're sure you're okay?", I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to decipher his facial expression.

"I'm sure darlin'", he confirmed and I nodded.

"Okay, so you had a panic attack...", I trailed off, ready for him to continue.

"I was just agitated as hell for the rest of the day", he muttered, "so when they came back and we were eating, I knew if one of them said something I would've snapped".

"And your dad did?", I asked and he nodded, "what did he say?".

"He said I need to put what happened behind me and learn to move on", he gazed away from the camera and scratched his nose, "he said I was doing it for attention, and that really pissed me off Izzy".

"I'm pissed off now too", I frowned, "why would he say that?".

"Fuck knows", he shrugged, "I snapped, told him that it was his fault that I'm like this in the first place, that if he paid attention to me for once in his life nothing would've happened to me- I was so fucking pissed darlin', my mum had to take Aleja out of the room, even Eli looked shocked- it started getting heated and Maceo tried to grab me to take me to calm down. So I hit him".

"Jesus", I sighed, "has it calmed down yet?".

"I wouldn't know", he shrugged, "haven't left my room since".

"Ezra", I said uncertainly, "you've got ten more days".

"Don't remind me", he muttered, "I'll be fine".