Chapter 21

A/N - well, well, well...

Shorter chapter today (or tonight it's nearly 2am here) but enjoy😜

If you've glanced down you'll see there's a pretty big time jump, have fun with that <3

Nicer chapter after the hell I put you all through last time❤️

~~~

Isabella

Two months later

"I'm not getting in a fucking wheelchair, I'm fucking fine", I put the brakes on it and positioned it right in front of my brother, "I'd rather get shot again than sit in that".

Xav smacked his twin on the head and clenched his jaw, I think post-accident Xander was more moody than he was before.

"You can't say shit like that", he scolded him, "get in the fucking chair before we leave you here".

He groaned, gazing between the pair of us to see if we'd change our minds- nope. He stood and lowered himself into the chair, sure it'd been 8 weeks since Xander first ended up in hospital but his road to recovery hadn't been an easy one.

"See, wasn't so hard was it?", I ruffled his hair and he shoved me away, dropping his hands into his lap with a sigh.

"Okay, paperwork's all signed, we're good to go", Zane entered the room with a smile on his face, "do you want to stop anywhere on the way home Alexander?".

"McDonald's", he said instantly, "I could kill for a cheeseburger without these doctors looking at me like I've killed their families". Xav chuckled, taking the brakes off of the chair and beginning to push Xander towards the door.

"The outside world, you excited?", he grinned, rocking back and forth on his heels as he waited for Zane to pick up the last of Xander's things.

"Ecstatic", he muttered, we all knew it would take Xander a lot of adjusting to be back to normal (or whatever normal was in his case) - he'd been stuck in that room for way too long and we had to be patient with him.

"Yeah you sound it", Xav slapped his head lightly and he swatted him away, "let's get you outta here".

"I can feel my dignity withering away", Xander muttered as we made our way through the hospital and out of the doors, "fucking embarrassing".

"There's nothing embarrassing about surviving a gunshot wound Alexander", Zane unlocked the car and opened the passenger door, "how many times do I have to tell you?". He slowly rose to his feet with the help of Xav who guided him into the seat delicately; I'd never seen someone as patient as Xav had been with Xander recently.

"Yeah, I know", he nodded, "can we go home?".

"McDonald's and home, I gotcha", Zane agreed, "Xavier, fold the chair and put it in the trunk".

"If you bring that damn chair I'll crawl back into the hospital", Xander threatened and I laughed, "leave. It". Xav stood there for a moment, having an internal debate before he shoved the wheelchair away and got into the backseat next to me.

"Give me strength", Zane pinched the bridge of his nose, "you're crazy".

"Tell me something I don't know", Xander smiled, leaning his head against the window with a sigh.

~

Two months.

It'd been two whole months since everything had gone down and Santiago had met his overdue demise...and quite a lot had changed since then.