|Twenty-one|

-----
-----

Christmas Eve had been spent well. The parents took advantage of the fact Saiko had decided to come by and used their extra coupon for the restaurant. The couple loved saving money as much as they could. They always had the same mindset of 'if you could save any amount of money, save it.'
Y/n had learned to love the habit as well.

"Looks like we've made it... Do you all have your coupons?" Hiroshi asked scanning the group. Y/n nodded and held up the buy one drink get another free. Tsubaki held up the 1+ dessert. Saiko held up the free side with a meal.

"Mom! Where's your coupon?!" Hiroshi yelled at the lady who shrugged

"I didn't think we'd need them!" The grandma said causing Tsubaki to laugh

"We spent all afternoon digging around for these." Hiroshi frowned as the couple entered the restaurant. They were greeted by the waitress who turned toward the family and bowed.

"Will that be 5?" She asked for confirmation from the group. Hiroshi nodded after giving a quick recount

"Alright then! Follow me, please!" She spoke readjusting her uniform. Y/n could tell that the waitress must have been going through a stressful day since she had been out of breath while leading us to the table and she had forgotten to put the own used to serve the tables their food.
Once she had sat the couple at the seat Saiko was quick to sit next to Y/n who stared at the menu with concentration

"What would you like to drink?" The woman asked making sure to discreetly place the pan on the empty table next to the family.

"Could I get a strawberry lemonade?" Y/n asked the woman who nodded writing it down then turned to Saiko who frowned at all the options.

"I'll take a strawberry lemonade as well," Saiko asked assuming that if he copied Y/n it might be worth his while.

"Oh! I'll have one as well!" Tsubaki smiled then Hiroshi shrugged

"I'll have one too then." He smiled at his wife who laughed hugging his arm

"I'll have red wine." The old lady spoke breaking the chain of lemonade orders.

"Mom! Are you sure?" Tsubaki gasped at the old lady who nodded

"I haven't had it in a while. A change is nice. Besides, every time we go out. We all end up getting lemonade." The old lady spoke. The waitress nodded and then looked at her watch slightly.

"I will get you your drinks. But im afraid I'll have to pass you to a different waiter. My shift is almost over!" The woman explained then walked off. Saiko stared out into space and then suddenly jumped. This didn't go unnoticed by y/n who leaned over towards the boy.

"What is it?" She whispered to Saiko who pointed to a certain part of the restaurant. This time both of the teens seemed to have a shocked expressions.

"Nendo?!" Y/n whisper yelled gaping at the boy who had been serving a couple their food. He seemed to mix up the tables orders.

"Hopefully he doesn't notice us." Saiko frowned. Y/n had to agree that Nendo was not good at multitasking so a job like this would not be a good fit for him. She has to agree with the boy silently.

"Is that my best buddy?!" A voice yelled from across the restaurant resulting in Saiko groaning. Nendo rushed over to the table beaming at their familiar faces.

"Nendo! It's nice to see you again!" Tsubaki commented grinning at the teen.

"It's the handsome boy." My grandma spoke once identifying the boy who stood in front of the group's table next to Y/n.