|Thirty-two|

----
----

Y/n rushed through the building as she took a few frantic breaths to herself. A few passersby would glance at the girl who was currently racing through the school and wonder where exactly the student council was to put a stop to the defiance. She eventually made it down to a less populated area near an out-of-order vending machine where she sat in the corner next to a supply closet the school's security used for confiscated items. Y/n felt her flushed face die down as she started thinking deeply to herself.
She had never been more embarrassed in her life. Saiki had confessed his love to her and she responded by running away in fear. She wasn't even all that scared, she didn't like the idea of someone telling their feelings to her out of the blue or in general. It was too overwhelming.

Y/n heard the sound of metal clanking against each other as she gazed over to the vending machine that still had the out-of-order paper taped securely to the machine.
She crouched over and slowly shifted towards the machine where she pulled out a juice box. Her eyes watered slightly as she closed them to try and keep her cool

"Thank you. But this vending machine broke down four years ago. All the drinks are expired." Y/n said placing the expired juice box down on the ground. The guardian spirit curiously picked the container up and frowned when realizing it was indeed expired. Y/n watched the box floating in the air before being flung into the nearest trash can. The girl went back to her sulking as the spirit began to rub her back for comfort.
Her mind went back to her usual alertness when she was met with a familiar blonde-headed boy who seemed to be staring at the girl curiously. He kneeled to Y/n's crouched height and continued invading her space

"What's wrong? Why are you so upset? Did something happen? Lunch is about to end, you might be late for class." Akechi questioned the girl who seemed to tear up even more at his interrogation.

"Why are you here, Akechi?" Y/n asked the boy who looked up in thought

"Well, I was going to get some lunch since break started. But once I got to the cafeteria some people tripped me on my way to the table. They said it was an accident then left before I could accept their apology. They seemed very adamant about leaving before I began to speak... I lost my lunch due to the fall so then I went to bother your group for something to eat. Turns out Kuboyasu and yourself left to check on Saiki. Mera gave me your bento which I found out was empty due to her eating it all. From there, I went on a quest to find you but got lost only on my way up the stairs once realizing I never asked for directions. I was lucky enough to find you here." Akechi explained to the girl who seemed to hang on to every word the boy said.

"Why did you come to find me?" Y/n asked the blonde-haired bot who pulled out an Item that he had kept behind himself the whole speech

"I wanted to give it back to you," Akechi spoke handing the girl her now empty bento box. She started with the familiar design of her lunch container.

"I need to go back down again anyway. I forgot my bag there too." Y/n muttered standing to her feet once again to try and regain some of her confidence. Akechi held out the school bag in front of the girl who stared at it in surprise.

"Oh! Well, thank you!" Y/n spoke taking her bag from the boy. She slipped her empty lunch container into her bag's pockets before walking with the talkative boy to his class. 
.
.
.

The rest of the school day consisted of the girl avoiding Saiki. Which wasn't easy since she somehow wound out seeing the boy every corner sue turned. Y/n would curse herself for not finding the guts to talk to him. Anytime she wanted to, she would cower away the second she took a step towards him.
Running away from the boy must have left him hurt and confused, which is why the girl refused to communicate again in fear of him bringing it up, or calling her a horrible person.