|Twenty-two|

-----
-----

The next morning, Saiko broke the unfortunate news of him leaving today to return to his home. During breakfast, both of the parents had been on the floor sobbing at the boy. They had given them both his present which he accepted graciously with a small flushed expression. The boy couldn't tear his eyes away from the quiet girl who seemed to be eating in silence with a small smile on her face. He didn't know how to react to the woman he had kissed last night but decided instead to redirect his attention momentarily back to the presents he had received.
The old lady had given him a crochet kit and reminded him to practice every week if he wanted to someday become more professional.

After breakfast, Saiko received word from his driver that they were currently on their way. He didn't know why everything. Was moving so fast but he wanted the chance to at least speaks with the girl.

"I might see you at New Year's?" Y/n asked glancing over towards the male who just nodded watching the girl rummage through her closet as if she had lost something important.

"I can convince my father," Saiko said laying down at the edge of the bed he had become comfortable with. He peered at the girl who simply stood up and sat down next to him with a defeated expression.

"I'm sorry, I must've lost your present. It was pretty small." Y/n frowned feeling a bit guilty about the potential gift. There was a small silence before the boy had gained the courage to speak

"About last night." He started feeling his face heat up from embarrassment. The girl looked over at him with a perplexed expression

"Yes?" The girl asked wondering if she had forgotten an important conversation the two had that might be ended awkwardly. She couldn't recall anything that might have warranted any sort of feelings being hurt.

"I didn't mean to. It just sort of happened." Saiko said trying to resist the urge to cover his face. He was expecting her to explode with anger for even mentioning it. Or get so embarrassed shed cry. He wasn't expecting the next words from her mouth

"What happened?" Y/n asked feeling herself becoming worried with the thought that she might be done something stupid.

"You don't remember?" Saiko asked feeling a bit hurt by the girl's memory. He felt himself cry slightly inside.

"No sorry, I don't. If you could remind me what you said or did?" Y/n asked the boy who slowly turned his head forward to stop looking at the girl

"No. It's nothing important! Just a silly conversation about school." Saiko said softly. The sudden mood change didn't go unnoticed by Y/n but she had decided to not push it any further.

"My ride is here," Saiko said standing up from the bed abruptly. Y/n stood up alongside him and perked up when seeing a small item on the spot next to her. She smiled grabbed the item then quickly called out for the boy.

"I wanted to give you this!" Y/n smiled handing the boy a small star phone charm that was placed on his hand. He started at the charm for what seemed light ages before he grinned widely and uncontrollably. He reached forward and then gave her a simple pat on the back before turning back and walking off

"I'll see you at school!" Y/n called to the boy who nodded

"Yeah. I'm going to school more often." Saiko admitted to himself waving at the parents who walked him out giving the boy one more hug and handshake.
Saiko took one last look at the house and then entered the limo. The driver had not wasted a single second before driving off and glancing at the teen from the side-view mirror to see him smiling to himself while staring at an object in the palm of his hand.
Saiko had attached the girl's charm to his phone.