|Twenty-three|

------
------

Saiki seemed to want to leave the shrine the second the couple encountered another classmate. In fact, he forced the poor anti-social girl to do most of the talking. She would watch the pink-haired boy inch away from the group as they all began praying. He knew what the group wanted because he heard their prayers before.

"I'm sorry Y/n. Good luck. You're the best." Saiki solemnly spoke waving slightly before turning away from the friend group who all seemed way too hyper at seven in the morning.

"It's your turn, Y/n!" Nendo shouted at the girl who jumped at the mention of her name and quickly nodded walking over to the shrine

"What did you pray for?" Teruhashi asked Nendo who looked up in thought before snapping

"I wished for more ramen." He said confidently. Kaido smacked him in the back of the head and then went on a long rant about how he was disrespectful.

"Don't scold him. I know what you prayed for, Kaido." Saiki thought rolling his eyes. He turned his attention over to the quiet girl who tossed her yen into the offering box. He felt his face harden slightly as he often struggled to hear her innermost thoughts. Though he never knew why it took a little more effort than most.

"Please let me hang out with my friends more often."

"How can God manage your schedule...?" Saiki smiled faintly at the girl's childish wish. The girl walked away from the shrine rejoining the group's conversation. The pink-haired boy finally turned around to vanish from the group. He didn't expect to bump into yet another familiar person. He grumbled to himself when seeing the familiar person.

"Seriously? Why are you even here? You never seemed like the praying type." Saiki harshly thought to himself. The boy seemed to snap out of his thoughts when he bumped into the psychic and awkwardly waved at him

"Saiki! Is Y/n here? I need to talk with her. It's important. She wasn't at her house and her parents said I might find her here." Kuboyasu asked. Saiki stared at her curiously then pointed behind himself towards the big group of teens. Kuboyasu's eyes widened at the familiar people then patted his friend on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Saiki!" Kuboyasu spoke quickly then rushed over to the group. Saiki gave the boy one last glance before taking his route back home.

"What's up with him?"
.
.
.

Kuboyasu's jog slowed down and he huffed slightly looking around the group. He grabbed their attention and immediately asked when not seeing the girl anywhere.

"Where's Y/n?" Kuboyasu asked looking around. The group seemed to explode with questions the second they saw the familiar boy

"Where have you been lately?" Hairo asked practically radiating with heat as his shirt was rolled up at the sleeves.

"I've been sick. Where's Y/n?" Kuboyasu asked feeling a bit impatient? Hairo looked up in thought then pointed to the shrine

"She said she had another thing to pray for. You should be able to find her around that area." Hairo said snapping his fingers once remembering. Kuboyasu nodded then continued jogging through the line of the shrine which had been filled with friends, children, and worn out parents. He frowned when not seeing a sign of his friend. The boy seemed to shove his hands into his hoodie pockets in defeat once he had yet to see the girl around the third time he scanned the line.
He made his way around the shrine hoping she would be around the area. It had been quieter and less populated. He continued to look around before seeing a girl in a kimono sitting down at the staircase which led down to the restrooms. The girl seemed to feel the presence of another and her head quickly turned in the direction of the boy. His heart dropped slightly when seeing the girl and he felt himself becoming nervous and tugging slightly on his hoodie.