|Thirty-five|

---
---

The first thing heard at a festival is, of course, the fireworks. Y/n listened to the ear-splitting crackles and pops coming from the firecrackers lit up brightly by a family in the distance who decided to have their own mini party before the main course of fireworks came hours later. The sun was still fighting for its spot in the sky as it hovered just above the mountains. The girl closed her eyes and enjoyed the sound of the firecrackers while her hand still gripped firmly into the delinquent's arm. He watched her admiring the sounds and felt himself smile at the peace on her face.

"I wish Saiko could've come..." Y/n muttered once remembering her friend. The peace seemed to die down once the subject of Saiko came up.

"Guess he didn't want to be with all these 'commoners'" Kuboyasu joked seeing Y/n's expression light up remembering the times Saiko would complain about the food or how crowded with commoners a store would be. Kuboyasu sighed in relief when seeing her guilt was replaced with a small realization and she nodded as the two made their way into the crowded area filled with many different kinds of street foods and many small businesses selling bracelets and new year decorations.

"It all looks good!" Y/n gasped staring at the food as the couple walked by.

"Anything you want, Y/n. I'll pay for it!" Kuboyasu spoke to the girl who seemed to become very unnerved

"I can't let you do that!" She said sternly to the boy who shook his head

"You have to. I need to thank you in some way." Kuboyasu said to the girl who seemed to become confused

"Thank me? For what?" Y/n asked curiously looking at the boy who happened to already be staring at her. Clearly surprised — Y/n seemed to immediately face forward from the teen

"You saved my life — in a way. If I had not met you, I would probably still be in London right now." Kuboyasu smiled at the girl whose eyes widened in shock.

"Saved your life? I don't know--"

"Is that you, Y/n?!" A voice screeched behind the couple. The two turned to the source seeing Kaido wrapped tightly in a gray kimono.

"I'm so glad I found you! There are so many people here! I feel like we should've planned this out more efficiently." Kaido frowned looking around at the flock of people all with their partners or family.

"Hairo said he found everyone a place to watch the fireworks for later! Come with me!" Kaido shouted rushing away assuming the two were following closely behind the boy. Y/n grabbed Kuboyasu's hand and chased after the bush of blue hair she saw in the crowds of people.

"Be careful, Y/n," Kuboyasu warned the girl worried she would trip over someone's shoe if she was so keen on not slowing down. Y/n caught up with Kaido in no time as he was soon completely winded gasping for breath while his face was beet red from all the movement.

"Over there. We can just follow the glow." Kaido panted out as he lifted his hand into the air and pointed toward a golden glow coming from another part of the crowd. Y/n seemed to know instantly who was eliminating the glow and rushed forward this time grabbing Kaido's hand as well watching the boy panicking as he seemed to be on the verge of passing out.

"Teruhashi!" Y/n called as the girl seemed to jump at the sudden call of her name. Her face relaxed when seeing Y/n and she even smiled when meeting her eyes. Teruhashi's smile seemed to disappear when she saw the two boys being dragged by the girl through the crowds of people.

"Y/n, I'm glad you could make it!" Teruhashi exclaimed rushing over to the girl as she reached forwards tearing the girl's hands away from the two boys and holding them delicately in her own.