𝖝𝖛. THE TRUTH COMING TO THE SURFACE

╰─▗ ▘➤𖥸 PRETTY LOVEDESCENDANTS TWOCHAPTER FIFTEEN

╰─▗ ▘➤𖥸 PRETTY LOVE
DESCENDANTS TWO
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

MAL WAS AT A BREAKING POINT WITH ALL the gossip, it caused her head to ache and her eyes to grow a green that's never been brighter

MAL WAS AT A BREAKING POINT WITH ALL the gossip, it caused her head to ache and her eyes to grow a green that's never been brighter. The feeling of causing pain to the one person she cared about was something she couldn't live with.

The truth was, both Mal and Yelena knew the reason they weren't official, because they were both going through so much that they were afraid they'd cause the other unnecessary trouble.

And Mal believes her own mistakes managed to catch up to Yelena.

"Yelena was a sweet girl until you came along." A girl had told Mal.

"You ruined her, just stay out of her life for good."

"Do you even care about her? Or do you just enjoy having the power over someone?"

"I'm not falling for your sweet girl act, I see right through you."

The list of statements goes on and on and Mal didn't know how much more she could take.

"Where is she?" Yelena mumbled as she tried her best to find Mal, but couldn't. She'd given Mal a day, suspecting she spent the night with Evie and forgot to tell her, but it was morning and she was nowhere to be found.

Yelena walked back to her bedroom, feeling agitated and trying to calm her nerves. Not even seconds later, Mary La Bouff herself walked in, a look that seemed to be confused.

"Why didn't you try out for the cheerleading team?" Mary crossed her arms, "don't even try to lie, I spoke to the captain and she said you didn't even bother to show up for tryouts."

Yelena looked up to her, eyes falling when she said the last part, "I didn't feel like I belong there, nows just not the right time."

"Did someone say something to you?" Mary frowns.

Yelena ran her hand through her hair before letting it fall to her side aggressively, "No, they didn't, Mary. If you haven't noticed, nobody has barely spoken a word to me in six months."

Mary stiffened a little at her rough tone.

"Wait, of course, you haven't noticed, you've been too busy being the it girl." Yelena couldn't stop herself from letting the words escape her mouth with an edgy scoff at the end.

Mary La Bouff tilted her head at Yelena, her confusion and concern becoming a pure annoyance, "what is that suppose to mean?"

Yelena takes a breath, "it means that you have adapted to this new lifestyle and it's obvious it barely includes me." Yelena knew she sounded selfish, but she didn't care, for the last six months she needed her best friend and she was barely there.

"Oh, please, at one point you adapted to your little lifestyle with the villain kids, right? And if you really want to speak about me not being there, how about the times I wanted to tell you all the things that were going on between me and Ben, or how I'd become his study partner, but you weren't there." Mary reminds Yelena.

Yelena stood up from her bed, "I have been trying to put that behind me."

Mary shakes her head, "well I can't put it behind me."

"Why not? It didn't have anything to do with you." Yelena looks at her in confusion.

Mary looked at her in disbelief, "it didn't have anything to do with me?" She repeats, "it had everything to do with me, Yelena! You were going to let me suffer, and not just me, you're family as well."

"Why can't anyone just listen to me, I was hurting?!" Yelena hissed.

"Then why didn't you talk to me, Yelena? Why didn't you talk to anyone? You let yourself go through that alone, and yet you still have the audacity to blame all of Auradon when you could've just gotten help from the people that love you!" Mary yelled at her best friend.

Yelena kept quiet, so Mary kept talking.

"Do you know how hurtful it is to know that your own best friend was going to let you burn?" Mary said with a dry voice from all of her yelling, tears in her eyes. 

"We grew up together, bathed together when we were babies, cooked together, you're my sister! So excuse me if I haven't been wanting to be all buddy-buddy with you lately." Mary looks Yelena up and down, venom in her tone.

Yelena spoke her next words calmly, "it felt like the entire world turned its back on me," she said with teary eyes, wanting to break down in tears, "I didn't have anyone to go to, nobody that I truly trusted. So all the times I set on the bathroom floor or scratched my hand so hard it bled...I was alone, during all of it." 

Mary let her tears fall.

"I lived in the same cycle of torture every single day, Mary, and you weren't there, you don't understand any of it!" Yelena was practically begging Mary to understand, "so when I finally had the chance to break that cycle, I tried."

"I only wanted the pain to go away, Mary, not the people I love." Yelena wiped her tears.

"Yelena," A knock was heard on the door, they both turned their heads to see Evie standing at the doorway, with what looked like a note in her hand.

Evie's next words stunned Yelena.

"Mal's gone back to the isle."

sirednotes

sirednotes...

Fun fact: I cried while
writing the argument between
Yelena and Mary.