Chapter #2: The Human

-

"What a terrible feeling to love someone and not be able to help them."

~Jennifer Niven,
All the Bright Places

-

-

[Song suggestion: Hurricane - Tommee Profitt]

"Will you tell me now who that human is? And how in the name of the darkness did he step into Drakania?"

Jimin's feet came to a standstill, outside the window of the small antechamber the moon gleamed silver. The prince cast a glance at his brother before starting to pace again, "Just someone," The prince mumbled in a low distracted voice that held a hint of mocking, "...some human that's important to me."

"Has he been to Drakania before?" Soobin inquired cautiously, knowing very well that any moment his brother would lose his temper.

But he couldn't help but be concerned.

A human in Drakania. It was a really big deal both for them and the human.

Jimin remained silent.

Giving up the younger prince let out a sigh as he straightened, "Fine, I will take my leave first. But keep in mind to explain the situation well and tell him how dangerous Drakania could be for a human."

The vampire only gave a small nod.

"I will make up an excuse to tell father." The prince said as he pushed the heavy wooden doors open and he left.

The young Prince left and Alexander came in, having changed into the blue attire of the royal advisor and throwing away what he called "the human garb".

He bowed, "Any orders for me, Your Highness?"

Jimin glanced at him, seeming lost and distracted, the prince sat down on a dark armchair, eyes drifting the closed bed chamber doors again, "What should I do?"

Alexander replied, giving the prince a starting point, "Should I assign the royal guards to this wing?"

The vampire nodded, his mind coming back to track gradually now that he had a point to start with, "No one is allowed to enter this wing but me, you, and Soobin. Assign half of the knights from my guard to this wing and keep them on rotation."

"Should I ask for your things to be moved to the chambers in this wing?" Alexander inquired although he was already aware of the answer.

"No need," Jimin refused, contradicting his advisor's expectations, "Ask the royal head servant to assign some trusted werewolf or elf servants for Jungkook. And while you are at it get some clean sets of clothes for him to change into when he wakes up." Jimin cast a cautious glance at the closed doors of the main bedroom chambers before lifting a small page and giving it to the advisor, "Also ask the kitchens to prepare this medicinal concoction the medic prescribed."