Chapter #11: The Royal ball III

-

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."

~
William Shakespeare

-

[A pretty sketch of Prince Jimin with his blue earring made by nottheavgreadr, ily bub <3]

-

[Song suggestion: Gallows - Katie Garfield]

-

Suddenly he wasn't in the ballroom anymore.

It was a dark place, and Jungkook was startled when he saw himself sitting in the distance. Before him sat a man by a bonfire warming his hands.

Jungkook realized it was either a dream or a memory.

"Aren't you here to offer me redemption, little one?" The man, - Your father, a small voice in the back of his head corrected.

Father.

Prince Azar Orendus. The one, fallen from grace.

Suddenly Jungkook was snapped out of his thoughts as he was pulled forward and his body merged with the one of the vision.

The man with the hood was starting to disappear, turning into mist and Jungkook felt pain rip at his chest.

Memories that this man had locked away begin to flood his mind, steadily.

Please don't disappear, father! he wanted to yell, please don't leave me alone.

But the man with the hood only gave him a small smile, dark eyes burning golden with flames. The flames engulfed his disappearing form until all that was left was ashes.

Jungkook fell to his knees, eyes burning with tears as the whole vision around him began to shatter like glass, falling around him like crystals.

From the ashes of his father rose a small Pheonix bird, its body made of flames. It rose amid the shattering vision and straight at Jungkook.

Disappearing within his chest.

It was hot.

Jungkook wanted to cry. But he could not.

Instead, he lost his balance and fell. The crystals of his memories continued to shatter and fall around him as the flame that started from his chest started to burn scorchingly hot.

He kept falling for what seemed like an eternity. Burning in the flames that were his legacy.

Abruptly he landed against something, a calm overtaking the chaos.