Chapter #5: Shadow Mage

-

"A thin line separates destiny from coincidences."

~T. J. Stiles

-

"Your highness -" Alexander burst into the Prince's study after a couple of hasty knocks, too baffled to worry about etiquette

"I have already invited him and I can't go back on my word." The prince said, glancing up from his desk before the royal advisor could say anything, "We don't have much time with the ball right around the corner. There are some tasks I want you to take care of immediately."

Looking like he still wanted to argue, Alexander straightened and decided to listen to the prince first, because like the prince had said, the invitation had already been given and it was improper to go back on his word now.

A little hesitant, he answered, "Of course, your highness, how may I help you?"

"Have Jungkook's measurements taken and ask the royal tailor to make him a proper attire for the ball." The prince stood up from his desk, walked over to the shelf, and pulled out a leather-bound book, "And starting today, I want you to take out one hour of your free time to teach Jungkook about the basic etiquettes of nobles in Drakania."

Alexander had been with the Prince ever since they were kids, he had been trained to take over the role of Jimin's advisor and he understood the prince the most after himself.

The reason why he guessed the prince's intentions even before the prince spoke.

"I will introduce him as a noble. As Count Jeon, a descendent of," Jimin glanced thoughtfully around the study searching for a noble family and his eyes landed on the painting of Placetania depicting a scene of a man in black hood leading the night creatures during the War, "the Shadow Mages."

The prince glanced at his advisor, who still seemed a little unsettled, so he reached out and patted Alexander's shoulder, "I am well aware of where I stand, Alex. But just like you said, I can't just close Jungkook off in a room for the next six months."

Alexander nodded, quickly composing himself. "I understand Your Highness. But shadow mages left Drakania centuries ago."

"Yes, they did leave Drakania but that does not mean shadow mages were forbidden from returning." Jimin patted Alexander's shoulder before turning to walk back to his desk, dismissing the advisor, who also turned to leave and the prince could almost hear his brain buzzing, working a dozen miles per hour.

Looking and sorting through any problems.

Jimin's royal butt had only touched his seat when he heard a couple of hasty knocks yet again before Alexander burst in, "Your highness-"

"I forgot to tell you, ask Williams to unlock the ballroom in the east wing and get it cleaned. "

Alexander was stunned, wondering if the prince was reading his mind or something, "The east wing?"