Chapter #3: The Vampire Prince

-

“Nature does nothing uselessly.”

~ Aristotle

-

-

[Song suggestion: Shadow Preachers - Zella Day]

-

Of course, it's a castle! How stupid of me to think that it was a manor, Jungkook thought to himself, while following 'Your highness' Prince Jimin and Alexander through an array of hallways.

The dark castle hallways were illuminated by mounted fire torches and the red-carpeted hallways were empty and silent but for what Jungkook assumed were random servants hurrying past.

Through the arched windows, the sky was still dark so Jungkook couldn't see much outside.

He glanced curiously at the steel armors placed occasionally on both sides of the hallways, wondering if they were real.

They turned and the hallway opened to a grand wooden staircase leading down to the main entrance hall of the palace. They did not go down and continued along the hallway, with a golden wooden banister on one side, opening to what Jungkook assumed must be the entrance hall.

His feet had come to a stop, unable to take his eyes away. A huge chandelier hung from the ceiling abovehead and below people bustled about, there were two heavy wooden doors about two stories long.

Jungkook's hand rested on the smooth wooden banister as he leaned to look downstairs.

"This is my home," Jimin's voice snapped Jungkook back to the present and he turned to look at the prince who had also stopped beside him.

Stepping away, Jimin bowed as he greeted Jungkook formally,  for the first time, formally and honestly, "The First Prince of Drakania, Prince Park Jimin welcomes you to the Capital of Drakania."

Jungkook's eyes shifted, glancing between the prince and the castle around him.

His eyes reflected with a brief flash of hurt, and Jungkook shook his head, stepping back, "You mean all this while…" he swallowed looking at Jimin, struggling to express the sudden feelings surging within him.

The most prominent one is the feeling of betrayal, "Why did you lie to me?"

Jimin couldn't say he hadn't been expecting this reaction but he didn't know how to respond after seeing the clear hurt in Jungkook's eyes.

He had only wanted to keep the younger safe from the danger that knowing his identity would have brought on but it seemed like his attempt had been in vain.