Chapter #10: The Royal Ball II

_

"When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."

~Julia Glass

_

_

[Song suggestion: Falling in love - Jurrivh]
-

The crystal chandelier was glowing above their heads, the crystals breaking the light into small rainbows.

The prince had his gaze fixed onto Jungkook and he realized he hadn't wanted anything more than this.

Jungkook looked absolutely ethereal and there was nothing else that the prince would rather lay his eyes on.

Even when he had been standing with his parents as the ladies had introduced themselves he had felt suffocated, gaze drifting to the human, none of the beautiful ladies holding any attraction to him.

But now with Jungkook's hand in his, body close enough that Jimin could feel the warmth of it, could see his reflection in his dark eyes, it all felt different.

Magical even.

He could even pretend that he could court Jungkook. Ask for his hand at the end of the ball. The mere thought of courting anyone else seemed ridiculous to the crown prince at that moment.

Like betrayal. As if he was being unfaithful to his feelings for the human.

"Anyone worth courting?" Jungkook asked, he had a small smile on his face. Probably because so far he hadn't stepped on Jimin's feet yet.

They were moving in sync with ease. As if they had danced together like this a million times before.

It took Jimin a moment to snap out of his bubble before he answered, "None."

None but you.

Jungkook tilted his head, "But eventually you will have to choose someone right?"

The words were like a vice around his neck. He stayed quiet, gaze steady on Jungkooks.

I can't do it. Choose someone that's not you.

Jungkook didnt understand the words he left unsaid but he didn't ask either changing the topic to make small talk.

They kept spinning like that, holding each other's gazes. And all the people in the ballroom just stared at them unable to take their eyes off.

Is this what "meant to be" looked like? Many suitors present in the ballroom thought as they stared with gazes full of jealousy at the couple.

The song had ended and other couples joined in. But the two men in the middle of the floor don't stop dancing, effortlessly switching their steps to the beat of the next song. Jimin wanted this moment to last forever.