Chapter #9: The Royal Ball I

_

"Greater things are done by a series of small things brought together."

Vincent van Gogh

_

[A\N: The promised visual of Jimin’s earring

[A\N: The promised visual of Jimin’s earring. This is close to how I imagine it, just a little more blue instead of white.]

_

"Jimin?" He called and the vampire turned to glance at him, "Is there any person you like?"

For a moment Jimin's eyes flickered with emotions but before Jungkook could read that gaze, the prince looked away.

"Does it matter?" He sighed, "Even if I do like someone it does not give me the right to marry the person I love. I have the future of Drakania resting on my shoulders."

Jungkook was silent for a moment, "That means you do have someone you love."

That wasn't speculation rather it was a statement. Jimin snapped his head to the human in surprise only to find Jungkook twisting the ring on his finger.

Jimin's heart was suddenly painfully aching, overwhelmed.

The words of the guardian spirit and his feeling at a war inside of him.

He wanted nothing more than to break down in front of Jungkook and let the person he loved hold him tight in the safety of his arms. Let him make the choice.

But he couldn't do that.

He had to find a way to send Jungkook back to the human realm before he gave in to the desires of his heart. If Jungkook stayed beside him he would only be in danger.

Jimin knew that it wasn't easy keeping this crown and how ruthless people could get for power. And Jungkook was a mere human; he had to keep Jungkook safe.

"Is that person in a different house?" Jungkook asked, and Jimin averted his gaze after realizing he had been staring.

"Who?" Jimin asked momentarily, having forgotten what they were talking about.

"The person you like." Jungkook provided, "Are they from another family?"

Jungkook knew that besides the vampire family the rest could marry the members of other houses. For example, someone from the elves could marry fairies or werewolves could marry panthers or wizards.

But vampires could not. Since vampires were the most compatible with their own kind. Besides a couple of exceptions.

Like the dragons and shadow mages. Where the former live in the solitude of the éktaktos mountains in the northeast of the kingdom and there are no records of the shadow mages.