Part 2

I woke up around 2 a.m., from a crippling nightmare, the first in years. Not realizing where I was, I started to panic, but I eventually figured it out. Around the same time, I found that I was starving. Amid all of the excitement, I had forgotten to eat dinner. *Grumble* I groaned and sat up, debating on whether to try to go back to sleep or to go to the kitchen. I ultimately decided that my hunger was high enough.

I quickly and quietly got up from my bed and opened the door, cringing when it creaked. I looked out into the hall to see if anyone had heard. No one seemed to be stirring. It took me what seemed like forever, but I finally made it to the kitchen.

Looking closely, I realized that they had two fridges. I opened one as quietly as I could. "Yess," I whispered to myself. It was filled with food. I took out a Dr. Pepper, set it on the counter, and went back to scoping out the fridge. I was so engrossed in the shelves that I didn't notice someone standing behind me.

"What are you doing?" I gasped, almost dropping the plate I had in my hands. I slowly turned around, seeing Kyungsoo.

"I was hungry?" I said, sheepishly. He stared at me blankly, making me feel a thousand times smaller. Without saying a word, he reached around me to the second fridge.

"Sit." I did as I was told, and watched as he retrieved some leftover pork, and turned on the rice cooker.

"You don't have to—"

"It's okay. Just sit down." He motioned toward the kitchen table, and I sat, letting him start. I found myself studying his face. His giant eyes were his main feature, a deep brown, framed by long dark eyelashes. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Glancing down, I noticed that he possessed a heart-shaped mouth and a defined jawline. Underneath the black t-shirt he wore, he apparently had some muscle. His brown hair was tousled, making him look childlike.

He looked up, and I averted my eyes. "Do you usually get up during the night?" He inquired.

"No," I confessed, "I just had a nightmare, probably from the change of scenery." The same concerned expression from before had settled on his face. "It's fine," I assured him,"I've forgotten it already."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay," his lips pulled back in a small smile, and he continued cooking.

It was my turn to ask a question. "Do you usually get up during the night? I thought I was careful enough not to wake anyone."

"I'm used to it. Sometimes the other members, mostly Jongin, get up during the night, hungry. I'm the one who fixes the food," he shrugged his narrow shoulders, and chuckled,"I'm honestly surprised it wasn't one of them." He handed me a plate of steaming food. "I'm going back to bed. Will you be okay?"

I nodded. "I'll be okay."

He turned and walked away, before swiveling around to face me. "Hey," he called, "I think you'll fit in fine, we just have to get used to each other." And with that, he walked off.

His words helped me a great deal. I was appreciative of him. Somehow, I think our quiet moment had brought us closer together.