Part 6

Call me baby, call me baby~

The only sounds in the practice room were the squeak of sneakers, the music, and heavy breathing as Exo practiced the choreography for their song, Call Me Baby. A few weeks had passed since going to Baekyhun's grandmother's house and I had become used to the boys and their antics. They were now getting ready for their comeback, and they had done it without stopping. I had probably watched them practice hundreds of times, and I already knew the lyrics to the song.

"Time for a water break," Junmyeon announced. Everyone sighed in relief and filed out of the door. They looked exhausted, hair plastered to their foreheads with sweat and breathing heavy breaths. I shifted my position on the hard floor and winced. My legs had fallen asleep, and I was trying to work through the fuzzy feeling in them. I decided to stand up and try to dance. Knowing them, they would stay at the fountain for a while, so I knew I wouldn't make a fool of myself.

I played the song over in my head, starting with the chorus:

Biccnaneun geosdeureun manha

Geu ane jinjjareul bwabwa~

It wasn't perfect, but after watching it so many times, I got the gist of it.

"That's pretty good." I looked back to see Sehun leaned against the door frame. He walked over to where I was and scrunched his eyebrows together. "Although your hand shouldn't be on your stomach on the 'Call me baby' part, it should be on your.."

"Shut up." I swatted at his arm before he could continue, and he grinned mischievously. "I thought it was a water break?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I wasn't thirsty." I knew good and well that he was thirsty. He was one of the members that practiced the most. "Here. Watch me do it." He stepped back and danced to the chorus perfectly. I repeated after him and watched the mirror. It was evident that he was more skilled than I was.

"Your hands and arms should move more naturally." The maknae laughs out loud, his eyes becoming crescent moons."You're dancing like a robot."

"Help me then!" I demanded, becoming slightly frustrated. He came closer, positioning my hands where they needed to be.

"Arasoo. Try it again, but try not to overthink. And look in the mirror." I did it again, this time doing what he said. It worked.

"You did it!" He became excited, taking me and swinging me in his arms. He set me down, and I looked into his eyes. I noticed we were close, really close. Close to the point of where I could see little flakes of light brown in his eyes. I knew more than anything that I wanted to kiss him.

I looked at his lips. He had slightly parted them and was coming closer, and closer.

"Hey Suhan-ah, I-"

Sehun and I pulled apart as fast as we could. Kyungsoo was standing in the doorway, his mouth opened in an "o" of surprise. Kai was right behind him. Kyungsoo's face immediately turned red, and his eyes narrowed. "Sorry. I didn't know I was interrupting something." He said curtly and stalked away.

"Hyung! Come back!" Jongin rushed after him.

"Kyungsoo hyung, where are you going?" Jongin rushed after him. I turned to Sehun, who was still on the other side of the room, beet red. He slightly shook his head and shrugged as the other members shuffled in. They began to practice once more, and a little while later, Jongin and Kyungsoo walked in. The later looking a little less pissed than he was before.

We stayed for another 15 minutes and then left to go back to the dorm. I sat near the front, by Sehun and Tao, and I could feel Kyungsoo's eyes burning holes in the back of my shirt.

Once we got back to the dorm, I made a beeline to my room and sat down. I didn't know what to think about the two. After dwelling on it, I decided it was best to try to stay away from the both Sehun and Kyungsoo to let things cool down. I nodded to myself and got my phone out for a distraction.

As soon I had turned on Netflix and finally picked a show to watch—God knows that takes forever—I heard some yelling.

"Jesus, Sehun, could you try not to be so goddamn clumsy next time?" I looked out of the door to see Sehun peering down at a bowl of kimchi that had spilled on the floor. Kyungsoo was staring at him in disbelief, his jaw set. "Clean it up for god's sake!"

"Stop yelling at him, Kyungsoo-yah. It was an accident." Chanyeol placed his hands on the shorter one's shoulders to steer him away, and after mumbling something to himself, he complied.

I opened the door further and stepped out to help Sehun clean up the mess. His face brightened when he saw me, and he smiled sheepishly. "Don't worry. I'll help you." To be honest, he looked kind of pathetic.

"Thank you." After we cleaned up, I got out the ingredients and began to make some fried chicken, pretty much the only thing I knew I could cook well. When I got finished, Jongin and the others, except Kyungsoo, rounded the corner and grabbed a plate. I rolled my eyes, at their sense of urgency.

"Do you know why Kyungsoo is acting like that?"

"Perhaps it's because he likes you." Minseok murmured into his plate. I turned to look at him and raised my eyebrow.

"Suhan-ah, you can be oblivious. Everyone knows it." Baekyhun added. I looked at all of their faces, and they all nodded, even Sehun.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because we thought you already knew." I shook my head no. The thought never occurred to me at all. Now that I think about it, there were plenty of signs; I just didn't pay any attention to them.

"Guess you know now, huh?"

call me baby; dksजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें