1- Where are they?

A few pointers:

"Speaking"

"Thinking"

"Tailed Beast Speaking"

Seraphina POV:

I was finishing up on perfecting a jutsu I recently made and was going back home only to realize how eerily quiet it was. Despite the fact that it was 10:30 pm, I knew there was something wrong. There's no way it could be this quiet, there's always some bars still open at this time or some lights on even if it's really late. If not there's always some people patrolling at night and yet there's no one. I can't sense anyone... what's going on?

"Yin style: Shadow Step," I mumbled to myself, and with one step, I turned into a shadow and reappeared in front of my house. I walked in and took my shoes off "I'm home!", there was no response. Strange.  "Oka-sama? Otou-sama? I'm home!", again there was no response.

Are they asleep? Even if they are asleep, Ayaka-san would always welcome me and yet she's not here. Could she be asleep as well? No, that's not possible. As if that would happen, that girl wouldn't sleep until I'm home so something's definitely wrong. I closed my eyes, "Byakugan," I whispered to myself then snapped them open.

Nothing, there was no sign of any human nor chakra. I looked around to look through other buildings' walls and floors. No one, not even a single person. It's like a ghost village, what happened? I walked around Lindes (Lindes is the name of the Lotus village) but couldn't find anyone. I went to the library to see all scrolls in the library then I went back home to look at my private library and my parents' libraries to see everything in place.

If they were to leave then they would've brought at least a majority of scrolls in Lindes with them, they would never leave any information about any jutsu for any outsiders. Wait... what about the sacred weapons and treasures of the clan? I sprinted to my father's office, pushed my father's desk to the side and dragged the rug out of the way to be greeted with a blank flooring. I placed my palm over a certain plank of wood and sent my chakra through a special mechanism that would only cancel the genjutsu if the chakra was sent from the leader or heir of the Lotus clan. The genjutsu canceled, revealing a tungsten switch. I pulled it down, closed my eyes and stayed still. After that I felt the surroundings become distorted and heard some buzzing, after a few seconds it all stopped.

I opened my eyes and was greeted with a set of double crystal doors. I inserted my chakra in the doors and guided my chakra through the mechanism and with a click, the doors opened. I was greeted with bright neon lights and winced at the bright lights. When my eyes adjusted to the light, there 8 crystal doors with different signs on them. One had 'Weapons" on top, another had "Scrolls", the third one with "Magic", the fourth one with "Qi", and the fifth one that with "Chakra", the sixth one had "Honkai", the seventh one had "Jewelry" and the last one had "History". I used Byakugan to look through every room and didn't find anything out of order or place. I can only think that they either died or dimension traveled considering how there's no blood on the ground but the fact that they could've died somewhere else. Although I highly doubt it but it's still an option. So it's very likely that they dimension traveled. But the biggest mystery is where they went without my knowledge, it's possible that they didn't bring me along to wherever they are to protect me considering my status but it should've been the same for Oka-sama and Otou-sama.

I pondered about this for a bit and couldn't come up with a reasonable conclusion after all there are many intelligent members of the clan who can handle things well without needing my parents' help. Unless something came up that needs both Oka-sama and Otou-sama present and didn't want me to worry about it. This is the most reasonable conclusion, whatever it is, they don't want me involved. It must've been an emergency if they didn't bring anything with them. Considering the fact that the entire clan is gone, it's probably safe to assume they won't be back for a few years. After all whatever the clan is handling must be serious for everyone to be missing.

I walked back to the entrance and placed my hand against the right side of the wall. A handprint was shown on the wall, scanning my hand. "ACCESS GRANTED" said a robotic female voice as another part of the wall turned into a steel door and it slid to the right revealing the most precious treasures of the Lotus clan. I walked to the very back of the room carefully avoiding every trap and was greeted with a key in a pearl necklace that was displayed at the back of the room. I placed my hand over the case and inserted chakra into the case, guiding it through mechanism after mechanism. After getting through all the mechanisms, I said, "Хрустальный ключ" (Crystal Key). Just as I said those words, the glass display vanished. I picked up the necklace, put it around my neck and placed a genjutsu over it. It's not really a strong one but not a weak one either.

I started walking back to the entrance and at the back of the entrance room, I pulled the tungsten switch. I closed my eyes once more and stayed still as I felt the surroundings become distorted and heard some buzzing. I opened my eyes once it stopped finding myself in my father's office once more with the tungsten switch no longer there on the floor. I dragged the rug back in it's place and pushed my father's desk back in place. I'm on my own now so I might as well take this time to explore this world after all Oka-sama and Otou-sama forbid me to go out of the village, they say it's filled with danger and bad people. But in order to become stronger, I can't always stay in the same place all the time. I need to experience new things not only that, I want to see the outside world.

I took a few scrolls from my library and started to learn how to seal items into scrolls. After a few tries I successfully made 3 of them. One scroll for my clothes and sewing/knitting materials, the second one for food and cooking/baking recipes, and the last one for jutsus and a map of the world. When I finished sealing my stuff, it was 11:50 pm. I created a shadow clone to cook dinner and breakfast for tomorrow since no one will be taking care of me for a while and went to take a shower. After about 15 minutes, I finished showering but dinner wasn't ready yet so I put on a kimono over my nightgown, wore sandals and went out of the house.

"Yin style: Shadow Step" I mumbled to myself and appeared at the gates of Lindes. I wanted to check the barrier that surrounded the village to see if it was intact. I was unsure if it was still intact since the whole clan is currently missing. I activated Byakugan to see if the invisible barrier was still there. It was still active but it was flickering meaning that the barrier was about to deactivate. I created 7 shadow clones and they used Shadow Step to get to their positions. One at the North point, another at the West, another at the East another at North-East and so on. I was at the South, we started weaving a lot hand signs, Rat, Dragon, Boar.... and after about 20 hand signs, we slammed both of our palms together.

We all shouted, "Ninja Art: 8 Luminous Pillar Formation!". Eight beams of neon yellow lights shot up into the sky as it started forming a dome that surrounded Lindes after a few minutes it finished forming a dome over Lindes. I canceled my shadow clone jutsu and activated my Sharingan and Rinnegan. A 2 tomoe Sharingan appeared on my left eye while a blank rinnegan appeared on my right eye, I started weaving handsigns and casted a genjutsu barrier over the dome. I made it to where only those who have the Byakugan, Sharingan and Rinnegan can distinguish the genjutsu. Unless they were a Lotus or had a special seal, it keeps everything out.

I quickly used Shadow Step again to teleport to my house once more, took off my sandals and started eating dinner before going to sleep. Tomorrow is when I'll leave for a new adventure.

1469 words