34- More tensions

Seraphina's POV:

A year has passed, right now it's the first day of March and nothing has changed other than the growing tension between the Uchihas and the village. I haven't told Shisui and Itachi that I knew of the coup d'etat because I knew they'll try to keep me out of it. As time went on, they've grown more distant. I inserted a butterfly in their heads to hear about their thoughts of the coup and to listen on their meetings with the clan. We've done our best to prevent the coup but we were running out of time.

The clan holds meetings just outside of the surveillance where it's known as the Uchiha hideout. There were 4 tatami mats that rest at one of the hallways of the place. Lifting the fourth tatami mat, leads to the secret meeting place the clan holds. My assumptions about the clan's reason for the coup were correct. They were accused of something they didn't do which made them get treated unfairly.

Apparently, the village thought they were responsible for a huge attack that costed Minato's (who was hokage at the time) life. Around 5 years ago, the nine tailed fox was extracted from their previous jinchuriki and was used to attack the village. It was known as the Nine Tails Attack. The nine tailed fox was sealed in another person and it was obvious who the new jinchuriki was. It didn't take too long to figure out why the civilians didn't treat Naruto with respect and why his last name was Uzumaki instead of Namikaze.

Although, the incident didn't seem to have a connection but it did since the sharingan can be used to control tailed beasts. Whoever extracted the nine tails had the ability to use the sharingan. When the sharingan is being used to control someone, the victim's eyes turn into the caster's sharingan which resulted with the distrust between the Uchihas and the village.

Absolute idiots. Did they not consider the fact that the sharingan could've been stolen? We have a old fogey with an armful of those eyes in the damn council! People seriously needs to stop leaping into conclusions immediately! Not only that, they need to stop judging others too quickly! I do understand why the hokage didn't reveal Naruto's heritage but at least keep his status as jinchuriki a secret! He'll literally stick out like a sore thumb for power hungry people for example, Danzo!

Right now, I was in the library, reading some books about the history about the 5 Elemental Nations (while berating the village for their idiocy). Soon another meeting between the Uchihas started, I kept the book open while listening to their meeting. I closed one of my eyes as my closed eye got Itachi's vision. Through Itachi's eyes, I saw Uchihas with a serious expression sitting on their knees and facing Itachi which I assumed was where the head family was sitting.

"Is there anything new Itachi?" Fugaku asked while looking at Itachi who held a stoic expression. "No Otou-san, they don't suspect a thing." Fugaku nodded. "Keep us updated." Itachi nodded, "Understood." Fugaku turned to the clan, "We'll have an ambush on the Nara district first then go after the Hyuga and Aburame district. Those 3 clans are the ones that will give us the most trouble." Then he turned to Itachi and Shisui who was sitting beside Itachi, "Itachi, Shisui, your jobs are to hold off the hokage. If you get an opportunity, kill him."

Way to be blunt sir! Literally!

'Hold off Lord Third? That's not going to work.' I heard from Itachi.

'Fugaku-sama is crazy if he thinks we can hold off Lord Third!' I heard from Shisui.

Even though I've never seen the hokage fight, he's the sensei of the 3 sanins and they're not someone to be messed with! Also the hokage always have anbu guarding him!

Then one of the Uchihas who were assigned as one of my guards called, Uchiha Sei raised a hand. "If I may, Fugaku-sama. I have an idea of how we can kill the hokage earlier." Fugaku raised an eyebrow but didn't make any gesture for him to stop. "Why don't we poison him?" Fugaku closed his eyes, clearly thinking about before opening them again. "No, we don't have a poison expert here." But Sei said, "We can always buy one." Fugaku sighed, "That may be but all those poisons have an antidote." he countered.

"That may be but what if we bought one from Himeko-sama?" Sei asked with a smirk.

Seriously?

'Sei, don't you dare!' I heard from Shisui's head.

'Please don't drag Himeko into this!' I heard from Itachi's head.

"We can always ask Himeko-sama for one of her handmade poisons." Fugaku sighed, "She won't sell one to us, she's become suspicious of us during her stay." However Sei continued, "Itachi-sama and Shisui should be able to ask for one from Himeko-sama. They go on missions together all the time. They lace their weapons with Himeko-sama's poisons don't they?"

Oh god...

'Oh shoot...' I heard from Shisui's head.

'It's inevitable now isn't it?' I heard from Itachi's head.

How right you are Itachi. The moment you get your hands on one of my poisons, I'm officially involved with this mess.

Fugaku went silent and the room was filled with murmurs.

"That's not a bad idea..."

"The hokage won't expect it..."

Shisui spoke up, "Even if we manage to poison the hokage, Himeko-chan can heal him."

You're not wrong about that.

Fugaku looked over to Shisui, "We'll keep her busy or..." he trailed off. "Or we can poison him while Himeko-sama is on a mission." Sei finished. Then another Uchiha called, Uchiha Haru who was also one of my guards, spoke up. "What should we do about Himeko-sama? Do we kill her during the coup as well?"

'I won't hesitate to kill them all if it's a yes' I heard from Itachi's head.

'I will go on a rampage' I heard from Shisui's head.

Right, Uchihas love hard. I'm not surprised if they go to the ends of the world to see their beloved. They will literally do anything for them and unfortunately... I'm their beloved.

"NO!" the Uchihas shouted and sent death glares at Haru who cowered and was sweating under the Uchihas' glares. "We're not killing Himeko during the coup, she's..." Fugaku trailed off.

What am I?