23- Meeting a red panda

Itachi's POV:

When Shisui asked that question, I felt my heart beating faster in anticipation. What's her answer? Does she like someone? What if she does and that person isn't me? I observed her reaction to the best of my abilities in the dark. I caught her blushing before it went away and she answered, "I don't think so... in all honesty, I haven't had many time to myself to think about it so it never came up in my mind."

There are a few scenarios from that answer:
1, She could have feelings for someone and is lying about it
2, She doesn't have any feelings for anyone and just blushed because of the question
3, She doesn't know that she has feelings for someone

I mentally sighed while I was tree hopping with the others. I shouldn't concern myself with this any further, I should focus on the current task. I pushed the thought of Himeko possibly liking someone away and continued tree hopping.

After a few hours, we made it to the sand village but not without some of the genins complaining about the heat. We went in the village after letting the guards know we were escorting the genins for the chunin exams. 

We all went to find an inn then we assigned some jounins to train the genins and the rest of us roamed around the village. I was with Shisui and Himeko, we were walking around to find some place to hang out at, we saw some kids trying to pick on a red haired boy holding a teddy bear. But the boy had sand protecting him although he had bloodlust in his eyes. He's going to kill those kids if we don't step in.

Me and Shisui flashed our sharingan at the kids, resulting in them running away while Himeko walked to the boy. The boy looked straight into her eyes with bloodlust but Himeko wasn't phased at all, instead she looked at him with concern before stopping a few feet away.

———————————————————————————

Seraphina's POV:

"Are you okay?" I asked, the boy looked shocked before his expression changed into a cautious one while his grip his bear tightened. Has he never had anyone care for him before? "What's your name?" I asked while giving him a closed eye smile. Is he perhaps like Naruto? That could explain his behavior. Looking at how he has so much bloodlust that could scare away normal jounins, it's safe to say he has killed before. Although why didn't the Kazekage do anything about it?

I could tell Itachi and Shisui had their eyes bored into my skull while the red haired boy looked at me closely, I kept on smiling while waiting for the boy to respond. After what felt like eternity, the boy finally responded, "Garra." Just Garra? No last name? "Well, nice to meet you, Garra. My name is Masaki Himeko." I was about to ask him where we could find a dango shop when Itachi and Shisui called for me. 

I sighed, "Well, my friends are calling for me. Have a nice day Garra." I walked over to Itachi and Shisui and we resumed to walking around the village then went back to the inn as the sun was starting to set.

———————————————————————————

Garra's POV:

Masaki Himeko, that's the girls name. She was clearly from a different village due to her headband symbol. Although, she's the first person to ever show concern for me and tell me to have a nice day... What do you think mother?

She's... interesting. Keep her close but don't kill her.

Mother thinks she's interesting? 

I started walking back to where my so called siblings would call 'home'. I went to the rooftop to watch the sunset. Sleeping wasn't an option at all since I couldn't get any sleep at all. My so called 'father' would send his people to kill me every night while I responded by killing them. The only person I ever cared for was my uncle since I though he cared about me but he tried to kill me as well and it turned out that he hated me since childbirth. 

Since then I had no one, I survived by depending on myself and mother. I thought it was going to be like that forever until those three showed up. Himeko, and her friends. Her friends scared those annoying kids away while Himeko talked to me with concern. Although her friends never talked to me, I could tell they had a neutral thought of me. They were the only people that didn't look at me with disgust in their eyes. 

I felt some bloodlust from behind. They're here... My sand reacted on it's own. It covered me from the barrage of jutsus, shurikens, and kunais they threw at me then my sand trapped them. "Sand Coffin" My sand started suffocating them and after a few minutes, I got bored and crushed them to death. How pathetic.  

I had my sand bury them somewhere in the desert and I went back to watching the sunset which soon turned into stargazing for the whole night without realizing a certain whitette, and 2 blackettes were watching.

———————————————————————————

Seraphina's POV:

"The boy clearly has insomnia." Shisui remarked with his eyes never leaving Garra. 

"Yeah, could he perhaps be a jinchuriki?" Itachi questioned.

"He could be, although I don't understand why the kazekage would let this happen," Shisui replied. 

"The kazekage clearly hates him for some reason which would probably make the village hate him." I said, "Why don't we try becoming friends with him? He shouldn't be experiencing such loneliness and think that all humans are evil or something." I turned to the boys for their answer.

"We definitely should, he doesn't deserve to have such childhood." Shisui said without hesitation while Itachi nodded in agreement. "Let's go!" Shisui exclaimed while pulling both me and Itachi out of the shadows and jumping onto the rooftop that Garra was on with Itachi and I literally dangling off the rooftop. How he didn't drop us is something I'll never know.

"Hello Garra!" Shisui exclaimed while waving at him cheerfully. Now the question is how is he waving at the boy when both me and Itachi occupies both of his hands? It's simple, he dropped Itachi to wave at the redette while Itachi's free falling from the side of the building while I'm still dangling from the rooftop.

Of course Itachi caught himself by focusing chakra into his feet and stabbing a kunai into the wall to slow his fall. He ran up the building and landed on the rooftop while carefully prying me out of Shisui's grip without his knowledge and pulling him back to have him taste his own medicine. All while I laughed my ass off and Itachi trying to keep his stoic facade in front of Garra but horribly failing and laughed with me. How fun.

1136 words