Chapter eleven

We were walking deeper and deeper into the scary woods. I'm going to call them the wicked witch woods because that's honestly what they look like. Robin was behind me and Eddie walking by herself and Steve and Nancy was walking together in the front. "So when we get back can I take you on that date?" Can he? I thought he was already going to. I don't care if I actually have rabies like Robin thinks. I'm gonna go on that date with Eddie "Sure, I'm okay with that." I just stared down at the ground because I know that my cheeks are going to be a bright pink and my smile is huge. Just like Steve always says, play it chill and that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

"You know that even when looking down I can still see your smile and I can still see you blushing. Looking down doesn't hide anything I hope you know." Eddie grabbed my hand and like normal he kissed his ring and then kissed my hand which got me to look up at him and I'm assuming that was his whole plan. "Sorry dungeon master." I playfully rolled my eyes while his jaw dropped. I was taken by surprise when he pulled me in for a kiss but this time is wasn't soft and sweet, it was fast and aggressive but in a good way. "Alright you two keep it moving." I pulled apart from Eddie and started walking forward like Robin said to and she ran up to me and wrapped her arm over my shoulder and Steve turned around and walked back towards Eddie. I don't even want to know what they are going to talk about, they are probably just going to argue about who Dustin likes more.

"You know you two are a cute couple just something I didn't see coming." That's when Nancy jumped into the conversation "I agree, it's cute but not expected." They aren't wrong, trust me I didn't even expect it but I don't regret anything. "Yeah yeah I know. He's super sweet though and protective and looks out for me. He's amazing, honestly." I could feel Eddie's eyes burning into me as I finished talking. I'm assuming he heard me and that's why he's staring at me or maybe he's talking about me, who knows. I feel like I'm in middle school again talking and giggling about my crush but that's how Eddie makes me feel. All giggly and smiley even in this fucked up situation. "Couldn't we have tried a road or something less creepy." I sighed as Robin laughed at what I said and Nancy rolled her eyes "I forgot you're scared of the dark. I think we're getting close anyways, we should be almost there." she gave me a reassuring smile as if she didn't just insult me for being scared of the dark but okay Nancy Wheeler.

"The kid worships you and y/n dude. It's annoying kinda, to be honest. I don't even know why I care about what that little shrimps thinks, but, uh, I guess I got a little jealous, Steve. He talks highly about you two. He really looks up to the infamous Harrington siblings and it's good that he has you two." I didn't get to hear the rest of their conversation as Nancy grabbed my hand and dragged me along since I was slacking so I could listen to Steve and Eddie's conversation. The loud rumbling noise and the ground shaking knocked all of us off balance. Nancy and I leaned against a tree while Robin was crouched onto the ground "Second on my list of my least favorite things, earthquakes. I'm already unstable enough as it is." I would laugh but I'm too busy trying not to fall on my ass, Nancy suddenly stood up straight and started running ahead. "Nancy! Nancy! Wait what the hell are you doing!" She just ignored me and kept going so me and Robin made our way over to her, as we got to Nancy everything went back to being calm.

The shaking stopped and the rumbling went quiet. Ahead of us was a broken metal structure that was scattered everywhere but you could see what we've been searching for. The wheeler property. Eddie and Steve came right up behind us and looked at what we was looking at, our main hope to getting out of this place. Nancy led the way as we started walking to the Wheeler property. Eddie didn't hesitate to grab my hand and pull me closer to him. "No more staying at the front of the group especially after that scare of Nancy running ahead and leaving us behind. I don't want you getting hurt again. Got it, sweetheart?" Look at him, being protective once again. I liked it though, it was reassuring. "Yeah, I understand, Munson." We got to the house and just like everything else, it was covered in the vines. First Nancy walked in then Steve then Robin and then me and Eddie and he has still yet to let go of my hand. It was an exact replica of the Wheeler house that I've been to multiple times. "Come on. I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to." Nancy said as she led the way to her bedroom.

We got to her room and she went to her closet to grab her shoe box that held her guns but when she opened it up it was only a pair of shoes "Those aren't guns." You could hear the stress in Eddie's voice and his grip on my hand started to tighten, not so much where it was unbearable but still. "These heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for a deadly projectile." Robin sounded just as stressed as Eddie did and honestly right now I'm confused. "I don't understand." Nancy kept opening and closing the box hoping that every time she would open the box the guns would appear. "Maybe you left them somewhere." I know that I probably sounded dumb because she wouldn't do that but it was still an idea. "There's a six year old in the house. I know where I keep my guns and also I threw these away years ago." Nancy was getting more pissed as the seconds went on. She looked over at a stack of notecards and picked them up and started to look through them. "I get that grades are important to you but perhaps studying could wait until we get out." I get Robins humor but it's obvious Nancy is doing this for a reason, she's connecting the dots to something that we just have yet to be told.

"These are from sophomore chemistry and this... this wallpaper. This is old wallpaper and this mirror, this went to a yard sale. And you, you're not supposed to be here, I gave you to cousin Joanna two years ago." She had one of her stuffed animals in her hand while pacing around, it was like their house was stuck back in 1983. She picked up her diary and looked at the last entry and she got silent which started freaking us out. She then spoke up. "I think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet." Me and Eddie looked at each other with confusion plastered all over our faces "They don't exist yet?" Thank god Eddie asked because I didn't want to ask and look or sound dumb. Nancy turned towards us and held the diary up, "This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983. The day will went missing." My heart instantly dropped "The day the gate opened, we're in the past." My voice was shaky while I looked towards Nancy for confirmation and she just nodded her head.