Chapter Thirty Five

Yesterday was the last day of school and in a few hours I'll be graduating. When you're a little kid you say over and over again that you can't wait to get out of high school and graduate but yesterday didn't feel like that dream of getting out of high school. The kids (Dustin,Lucas, Mike, El, and Will) all seemed off yesterday and I even saw Dustin shed a couple tears when everyone at the hellfire table was talking about how Eddie, Gareth, Jeff, Freak, and I were all graduating and this was going to be our last lunch together. Also speaking of Freak, I still don't understand why he likes us calling him Freak like it's his name but anyways.

All five of us promised the kids that we would come stop by everyday to eat lunch with them which they happily agreed to but that didn't stop Dustin from complaining that it still wasn't going to be the same as seeing each other throughout the school day.

It started to make me upset after a bit into his rant because he's right, it's not going to be the same but it's been like that before when he was in middle school and I was in highschool so it'll be no different from then and now. Me and Eddie also promised to pick everyone, even Erica, up after school each day.

"Do my bangs look even y/n?" I looked over at Eddie who was standing in front of the bathroom sink with a pair of scissors in his hand while I was right next to him looking at myself in the same mirror making sure my outfit looked decent. I had on the black dress that mom told me I have to wear. I don't get it, she's not even going to be there yet she's called me yesterday telling me what I can and can't wear.

I had on a black dress that ended just above my knees and the green graduation gown covered up the fact that the shoulder part of the dress was a bit puffy which I'm not a big fan of. 

"Yeah Ed they look good." He had on his normal Hellfire shirt, well he had to make himself a new one after that night because it was all cut up, black jeans and a pair of white hightops. He put the scissors down on the bathroom counter and dusted off the hair at had fallen on his gown and shirt from trimming his bangs. I love how he trims his bangs every now and then. It may not seem like he cares about his hair but surprisingly sometimes he does.

"Are you all ready to go?" I did one last look at our outfits while he grabbed his cap and put it on his head "Yeah,let's go." He gave me a kiss on the cheek as I grabbed my cap and put it on my head. He grabbed his keys and we both walked out of my room and into the living room where everyone was Steve and Wayne offered to take all the kids to the ceremony so Mike,Dustin, Lucas, and Max were all there.

"You two stand together, I want to take some pictures." Wayne had my Polaroid camera in his hands and a smile on his face. Me and Eddie stood in front of the door side by side with his arm wrapped around my waist and my arm was draped over his shoulders "Alright smile 1..2..3.." The camera flashed and the picture started to come out "alright another pose. I want at least three of just you two and then I'm going to be getting the whole group of you together and take enough so everyone can have one." Well there goes all my film.

The next pose was of Eddie holding my face still by holding my cheeks in his hand while he poked his tongue against my cheek while I was laughing at him. For the last pose Eddie grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss which caused all the kids to groan in disgust even Steve told us to get a room. All of us got together to take group pictures, I bent down to the height of Max in her wheelchair and gave her a kiss on the head for the last picture which she quickly told Wayne that she calls dibs on the Polaroid and he happily agreed to it. 

"Shit we have to go!" Steve said as he started ushering us out of the house and we got into our separate cars and drove off to the school.  Since the highschools gymnasium was still full with all the people who lost their homes they decided to do the graduation ceremony in the middle school gymnasium. I didn't see anyone like Nancy or Robin or Jonathan until after the ceremony started and we had to go to our assigned seats.