Chapter Sixteen

Eddie stood up and grabbed a commercial store book thing and opened it up and put it on the table. We all circled around him while he was flipping like a manic through the pages until he got to a certain page. He pointed at the box had a kid with a gun and an American flag behind him. It was for a store called War zone.

"Check this out. The War zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need, for uh..well, killing things, basically." He looked at all of us like he was nervous about the place. "Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin pointed to the picture in shock. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" She's not wrong though, how can simple people like us be allowed to get grenades with no problem.

"Well, lucky for us it is, so... this... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we ought to be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." Ah yes, the angry hicks and cops that are currently trying to find me and Eddie as murder suspects. This is totally how I wanted to spend my spring break. Only one more month and I'll be graduating and I'll be out of this town maybe even I could take Eddie with me if he graduates with me next month and doesn't fail again for like the fourth time.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called War Zone." Well I mean like Erica's not wrong in a way "Normally, I'd agree but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk." Lucas agreed with me and Eddie looked up at me and smiled at me "But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin was right but I knew from the smirk on Eddie's face he had a plan.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Steve looked at Eddie like a mad man as Eddie finished his sentence. "You got some car we don't know about?" Eddie stood up with his smirk getting bigger "It's not exactly a car, Steve. It's not exactly mine but, uh.. it'll do." He turned towards Max who looked like she was in her head about something. "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that." Oh Jesus H Christ what the hell is he getting us in to. She walked to her room and came back a minute later with a Michael Myers mask.

"Alright so just follow my lead. Also when I get into the window of the car be quick and follow me in, oh and Red, I'm gonna need some tools." Eddie grabbed the mask from her hands and followed her as she showed him where the tool bag is. He got the tools that he needed and we went out through Max's back door and we snuck around her trailer and followed Eddie's lead.

He brought us over to a motorhome and he opened up a window on the left side of the motor home since the couple was outside watching something on the right side. He got in first and then me and then the rest of the group. He took off the mask and  went up to the door making sure to lock it before he sat down in the drivers seat and pulled out his tools. He started to Hotwire the motor home and I would be lying if I said he didn't look good while doing it.

Steve and Robin came up behind me and leaned over my shoulder to look at what Eddie was doing "Where'd you learn how to do that." Eddie continued what he was doing while he answered Steve's question "Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name." He started rubbing the wires together and you could hear them zapping as they were making sparks. Robin turned to me and lightly whispered something in my ear.

"So you're in love with a man who knows how to Hotwire, is on the run for murder and now grand theft auto, plays dnd, and is a metal head... I know you're basically drooling right now y/n" I pushed her away from my ear while she was laughing at me and I rolled my eyes and went back to watching Eddie. "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving as much as y/n does." I seriously hate Robin right now. Eddie looked back at me and Robin with a huge grin on his face "Oh, I'm starting this sucker. Harrington's got her." He didn't specify which one so I pushed Steve slightly forward to let him know that he's the Harrington who's going to be driving, not me. No way in hell.

"Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie leaned back slightly to put his head up to Steve's chest and had a huge grin on his face. Steve and Robin looked at him like he was crazy while I laughed at it. Suddenly the car turned on which caused the couple who owned it to start banging on the door yelling at us to open the door. Eddie got up out of the drivers seat and grabbed my hand as him, Robin, and I all ran to the back of the motorhome to the rest of the group. Steve got in the drivers seat "Everyone hold onto something!" We all yelled at him to just drive and he stepped on the gas.

"Shit they don't look too happy." Dustin said while looking out the window "Well it's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." I couldn't help but laugh at what Robin said when Steve started yelling at everyone to hold on as he took a sharp turn and drove down the road and we started our drive to the War zone which is probably going to be full of angry hicks but fuck it what's the worst that could happen anyways.