Chapter Nineteen

There was complete silence during the car ride to the creek house. You could tell that everyone was deep in their thoughts whether they were sad thoughts or happy thoughts. Hell, they might have even been retracing their steps to figure out how we got in this miss to begin with. All of us wanted a good spring break where we could sleep in and didn't have to worry about school at all.

Yet here we are in a stolen motorhome on our way to drop three of the kids off at the creel house and then the rest of us are on our way to the upside down to kill Vecna.

This is definitely not how I thought my spring break was going to go but at least I'm spending it with my closest friends and my brother. I also got something good out of it, Eddie Munson. We may have not been able to go on that date but you know, we had time to ourselves while being on the run for association with Chrissy's and Patrick's deaths. How lovely.

The only thing you could hear was the slight sound of running up that hill by Kate bush coming from Max's headphones. I looked to my right and Dustin was staring out the window watching the trees go by, I looked to my left and saw Eddie looking down at his rings while he was playing with them on his fingers.

The motorhome came to a stop as we pulled up to the creel house. I stood up to give Max a hug but she had already walked to the door of the motorhome to get out, Lucas and Erica followed her as they all got out and shut the door behind them and made their way up to the creel home entrance. I sat back down in my spot in between Eddie and Dustin and Eddie instantly grabbed my hand to comfort me.

"She'll be okay." His eyes were soft and comforting. "I know but I don't want to lose her too, I lost Billy already and I don't want her to be next." He squeezed my hand to let me know that it's going to be okay. After some time we pulled up to the trailer well actually we parked a bit down the road so then the people we stole the motorhome from don't flip out and call the cops and ruin everything we have set in place to kill Vecna.

Just like in the car the walk to Eddie's trailer was silent, anytime we've faced death like this it's never been this quiet. Hell, last summer Dustin and Suzie were signing a song together while me, Max, Mike, and El were all running away from Billy in the mall, Joyce, Hopper, and Murray were all fighting Russians, and the rest of the group was distracting the Mind Flayer and taking him away from the mall for a bit.

This time though all you could hear were our feet moving on the dirt road that had rocks all in it, the walls of peoples trailers were thin so as we passed by them we could slightly hear whatever they were watching on tv or whatever music they were listening to. As we walked into the trailer it was still the way we had left it earlier.

Steve went first to go to the upside down and when he got through the gate he basically did a backflip as he fell so he could land on his feet since there wasn't a mattress on the floor like there is on this side. Steve brought the mattress underneath the gate and Nancy was next, once she moved out of the way and off the mattress we threw their bags to them.

Next it was my turn, I placed my stuff next to Eddie and walked onto the mattress where Robin had her knee up so I could use it to climb onto the rope. I crossed through the gate and fell onto the mattress, Steve held his hand out and I took it and got up. They threw my shield and my spear to us and I quickly picked them up so whoever was next could go. It was Eddie and then his and Dustin's shields, then Robin and then her bag, then Eddie and Dustin's spears and then finally Dustin. Everyone put their bags back on while me, Dustin, and Eddie held our weapons and shields in our hands.

We all made our way outside the door so Nancy, Steve, and Robin could go to their position and me and the two dorks could stay here at the trailer as the distraction just like we had planned. The three were walking off as Steve turned around "Hey, you three. If things here start to go south, I mean at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something... okay? You guys are just-" the three of us cut Steve us "Decoys." Steve went over this a hundred times already, it's like the word decoys is going to be stuck in my brain for a long ass time.