Chapter Twenty Five

Maybe coming to the shelter was a bad idea. As soon as the four of us parked and got out the car everyone was staring, people were even pulling their kids away from me and Eddie.

"Just ignore them, you're innocent and even the news says so too." I'm assuming Dustin could tell how tense me and Eddie were. Eddie's normally not the guy who cares when people stare or whisper or start rumors but this was a different story. We got inside and Steve walked us to where we need to go, Dustin and Steve have already been here before so they walked up to the volunteer lady first and got their stickers for the day. The boys moved out the way so me and Eddie could walk up and the lady's eyes basically popped out of her head.

"H-how can I help you two?" I set the box on the table. "I'm dropping these off and then we're wondering if there is anyway we could help? Like Steve and Dustin." The lady let her shoulders down a bit so obviously she got less nervous but you could tell that she's still tense. "Yeah, go help fold clothes with Steve."

She started writing our names down on the sticker sheet and then handed them to us, I'm not even surprised that she knew our full names without asking. We got our stickers and put them on our shirts and followed Steve to his station. It felt like hundred of eyes were on me with every move I made and this how it's probably going to be for a long ass time until I get away from this town. Even though me and Eddie fought for this town, hell we even died for this town, they still look at us like we aren't meant to be there.

Steve showed us the mens, womens, and kids piles of clothes that we have to sort through. If anything was dirty or anything that shouldn't be worn because of stains or holes or anything like that then we have to throw it in the garbage bag Steve handed us. Eddie went to the womens clothes while I went to the long white table that had the kid clothes on it. While I was sorting through the clothes I would occasionally look at Eddie to make sure he's okay and if I listened hard enough I could hear him humming a Black Sabbath song. He's fucking adorable plus he still had his hair up in a bun so he just looked even better. Steve leaned over and nudged me since his table was to the right of mine.

"Stop staring y/n and get back to work." I rolled my eyes and jumped back when I got startled when someone slammed their hands down on the part where mine and Eddie's table connected. It was Tommy and Carol. You've got to be kidding me. Everyone was now staring at it from the loud bang Tommy made.

"Look at who it is, the two satanic killers. Weird seeing your faces here." He had his dumb smirk on his face and so did carol while she had her arms crossed across her chest and she was smacking on her gum. "Get lost Tommy." I continued to fold the shirt I had in my hand.

"Oh poor y/n went from sucking off Billy Hargrove to killing people with the freak. You're miserable aren't you. Billy would've been disgusted in you." I swear to god if people didn't still suspect me for murder I would be choking Carol right now for what she just said.

"Billy's dead so get the fuck over it, you never cared for him at all. You rode his dick because he became popular. Fucking admit it. You don't give a fuck about anyone else except for yourselves-" I got cut off by Eddie grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the couple while Steve stepped in front of them to chew them out. We went outside and behind the gym.

The air still felt heavy and I didn't know why. I finally called them out for riding Billy's dick just because of the popularity yet deep down Carol's words hurt a bit. She didn't know Billy and she didn't know what he would approve of and disapprove of but like I said he's not here anymore so that shit doesn't matter. None of it matters. There wasn't many people near us since everyone who wanted to stand outside and smoke or something all stood at the front of the gym. There were just a few random people around the back with us but they weren't standing close to us.

I sat down on the concrete with my back against the wall and my legs up at my chest with my arms wrapped around them. Eddie sat down next to me and did the same, "Are you okay?" I didn't even have to look at him to see how worried and sincere he was, I could hear it in his voice. "Yeah. I'm fine." It was obvious that I wasn't fine. I haven't even had an actual chance to full understand and comprehend anything that has happened this week and now Carol and Tommy made it worse like come on at least wait until next week to say some shit so I can at least fight back or something.

Eddie grabbed my left hand and kissed his ring and then my hand like he always did since he gave me his ring. I looked over at him and I was met with those doe eyes I've grown to love, they are just so sweet and soft and adorable.

"You don't have to lie to me y/n, I know you're not. Just ignore them . You've been ignoring everyone else so ignore them too." I don't even understand why I would let them get to me anyways, I didn't even kill anyone. We didn't even kill anyone. "Mhm" I saw Steve round the corner and he started walking towards us and crouched down when he got in front of us.

"You two can go home if you want, pick me and Dustin up in two hours. Oh and also Wayne is at work." I looked to Eddie who was already staring at me, "Sure." I grabbed the keys out of Steve's hand and handed them to Eddie as all three of us stood up.

"Don't crash my car Eddie and please for gods sake don't forget to pick us up." Steve had has hands on his hips as he sighed while finishing his sentence. "We won't I promise!" Eddie yelled while walking off to Steve's car and we trailed behind him so Steve could go through the front entrance and back into the gym. I said goodbye to Steve and walked over to the car. Eddie was already in the car looking through all the cassette tapes Steve had.

"He has shit taste, you know that?" I laughed at him while closing the car door behind me and buckling up. He settled on a tape that I had in here that had a couple songs he liked on it and we drove out the parking lot and went on our way back to the house.