Chapter Twenty

As my eyes adjusted to the bright lights I was met face to face with a curly brunette. They hugged me right away which sent pains straight to my abdomen. "Alright Dustin, it hurts." Dustin instantly pulled back and apologized. I looked around the room and I only saw three familiar faces. Dustin, Steve, and Robin. Where the hell is Eddie and Nancy and Max and everyone else and where the hell am I. Where's my parents. Last thing I know was that I thought I died in the upside down. I looked around the room and instantly recognized it as Hawkins general.

"Guys-" I was quickly cut off by an older man coming into the room he looked like Mr.Wheeler but older and with white hair, not grey, straight white.

"Alright Ms.Harrington, how are you feeling." So now do I tell him I'm confused as fuck. No, probably not. "I'm fine..." the doctor gave me a soft smile before he went over to the machine that was next to me and was writing things down. I looked to the three in font of me and something was up, the looks on their faces completely gave it away.

"Well we are going to keep you here for another twenty four hours since you've been out for around forty eight." I've been out for almost two whole days. I could lightly hear the news so I turned it up and I couldn't believe what I heard at all.

"Eddie Munson who's name has been cleared as more evidence comes out has also been reported missing since the earthquake two days ago"

I turned the tv off and my eyes flew straight to Dustin, Steve, and Robin hoping that my glare was enough to let them know that I want an explanation right now.

"Oh yeah, that Munson kid. I feel bad for everything he had to go through with all the accusations." The doctors tone was quiet and soft, like he was being genuine. "Yeah.. he was truly a sweet kid. He was someone I loved." I looked down at my fingers and noticed that Billy's ring wasn't on my hand. What the fuck. I need that ring. I need it now. Don't tell me I lost it in the upside down. "Billy's ring is on the stand next to you by the flowers." I'm assuming Robin picked up on me freaking out.

I looked over at the table to my right and it had a bouquet of lavender and baby breath. It was a beautiful mix, it was one of my favorite mixes ever and only select few knew about it. Steve, Billy, Max, Dustin, Robin, and Eddie. They were the only ones who ever actually wanted to know, I think Nancy might know but I'm not sure. I picked up the cold ring and put it on my warm fingers. It sent a shiver down my spine as it slid down my finger. "A nurse will come in here soon to give you medicine and bring you a meal." The doctor gave me a nod then walked out of the room.

"Alright assholes, explain everything." The three of them started talking at the same time and I couldn't understand anything of what they were saying. "Slow down. One at a time." I can't believe I have to tell them to go one at a time like a mother talking to her children. Dustin went first. "Well when we we're in the upside down you basically died and when we got you back out you got a pulse again. I don't understand how it was possible but it happened, so we rushed you over here and yeah now you're here." Okay that makes sense I suppose, it doesn't really make sense how I died and then got a pulse again.

"We also met Max, Lucas, and Erica while we got here with you and they got here with Max." My heart instantly dropped to my stomach "What happened with Max? Is she okay? Where is she? Can I go see here?" All of my words came out fast as I tried to sit up but instantly winced in pain and laid back down to how I was.

"Her part of the plan went south just like ours and she had died too because of Vecna but something saved her just like you. Her bones are broken and she's currently in a coma. She's a few doors down. You can visit her later when you're better." I didn't know what to say at all about Max's condition. I knew this whole plan was a bad idea. I fucking knew it.

"Where's Eddie? Where's everyone else?" When I asked where Eddie was the three of them look at each other in fear and didn't know what to do. "We'll explain that later when you're out of the hospital." What are they even hiding from me that involved Eddie. "Why can't you guys tell me now?" I raised my voice at them and I didn't really mean to do it. I'm scared and I'm worried. "Just trust me y/n." Dustin came closer to me and grabbed my hand and gave to a gentle squeeze.  Obviously I trust Dustin so it must be important. Eddie is most likely okay, I at least hope so.