Chapter Twenty Eight

Me and Dustin were able to convince Steve and Eddie to have dustin spend the night. Eddie didn't really care since he was going to be sleeping in my room anyways and Dustin would be sleeping in Steve's room so we mainly had to convince Steve which took a whole performance but he said yes in the end.

Everyone had went to bed and at around 1am Dustin sneaked into my room. I was halfway awake so I didn't really care about it plus he probably had a reason. Now it was almost 2am and I still couldn't fully fall asleep.

My mind was all over the place, me dying and coming back, Eddie dying and come back, Max dying and coming back but now she's in a coma and they don't know when she's going to wake up. Hawkins is split into four basically. Hopper, Joyce, will, and the rest of the Cali crew are here in Hawkins and plan on moving into the cabin. Somehow Robin and Nancy worked with Hopper and he got in touch with people that he knows and they ended up making up some story that got Eddie's name cleared. It's so much for my brain to tackle and try to understand.

I moved Eddie's arm off my waist that was just above my stitches and got out from underneath the covers. The cold air and the cold floor hit my skin and sent shivers down my body as I made my way to my bedroom door making sure to step over Dustin so I didn't hurt him nor wake him up.

When I got to the living room so I could go to the kitchen, Wayne walked through the front door. He had on black jeans, a bright yellow shirt, tan work boots, and a blue jean jacket. "Morning y/n" he sent me a sweet smile as he softly closed to door making sure not to wake anyone up. "Morning Wayne" I sent him a smile back and walked to the kitchen making sure to turn on the dining room light as I walked through since Wayne was going to the kitchen too and I didn't want him to bump into something and hurt himself since this is his first night ever in the house and he doesn't know his way around in the dark yet. I grabbed a water out of the fridge making sure to replace it with another bottle as Wayne sat at one of the stools at the kitchen counter.

"So how are you feeling?" He sounded just like Eddie, they have the same tone of voice when they're concerned about something or someone. "I'm fine I think." His eyes looked like they wanted me to continue on, to let everything out and that it'll be okay. "Do you want anything to drink first?" I gave a light chuckle to remove any tension I felt about talking about everything. "Could I get a beer?" I nodded my head and turned around to the fridge and grabbed a cold beer out making sure to replace it with another. I closed the fridge and turned back to Wayne and handed him the beer.

"Thanks kid." His smile was sweet it reminded me of Eddie. He may not be Eddie's biological dad but god he could pass as just that.

"So what's been up, talk to me" he signaled his beer to the stool next to him and when I sat down he opened up his beer. I honestly don't even know where to begin.

"Well I guess the two things that's been weighing on my mind the most is that I almost lost Eddie and that Max isn't even awake right now. I didn't get a random call in the middle of the night asking me to come over and spend the night. We didn't get to make any plans for this weekend. Hell, I can't even tell her I love her and hear her response." It was quiet for a moment like we were both trying to register what I had said.

"Well I can tell you right now that you and Eddie aren't gonna leave each other's side ever again after this. Also people probably thought the same thing about you when you were in your coma. Trust me, Eddie did. You just have to give it time. Who knows, she might even wake up in an hour. You just have to wait and give it time. Trust that she's strong y/n. Eddie believed in you, now you have to believe in her." He's right I just have to trust that she can make it through this, she's made it through everything else in her life and she can make it through this too. My mind grasped onto what he said about Eddie and held it tightly.

"What do you mean me and him aren't gonna leave each other's side?" He took another sip of his beer with a smile on his face. "Well after he woke up from surgery, you were all that he could talk about and think about. I didn't think much of it at first because he mentioned you a couple times before saying that you were at his shows and that he found you interesting." He paused for a moment while I took a sip of my water "But then he started telling me about a date you two had planned and how you helped him while he was on the run and that you and your friends were there for him and protected him. I couldn't be more thankful for that." I sent him a soft smile and nodded my head. I would do anything for Eddie, I literally died for him and the others.

"Anyways, so at the hospital and when he got released from the hospital and we were at the hotel I was staying at, you and Dustin were still all that he could talk about. He spent hours making you one of those shirts, he even would call Dustin constantly to see how you were doing. He bought your favorite flowers and gave them to Dustin and Steve so they could take them to you and also take your shirt to you. He spent most of his time talking about you and admiring you. I told him that you two were going to get married. I could feel it."

My heart did leaps at the thought of us getting married, it was different from any feeling I've felt before. It felt right to actually think about marriage with him and no one else.

"You really think so?" The huge smile on my face made a smile appear on his again "I know so" we did a little cheers motion with our drinks and we started laughing while taking sips of our drinks. It was really nice being able to talk to someone and let things off my chest. Obviously I did it with Eddie when we got home and into my room but still, it felt nice to talk to Wayne. I could hear light footsteps coming in our direction which caused us to turn around in our stools and face the direction of the foot steps. When I saw the person round the corner my cheeks instantly heated up and my heart began to flutter again.

Eddie's hair was a crazy mess and he was rubbing his eyes to wake up, he had on plaid night pants that went low enough were you could see his v- line. He didn't have a shirt on because he said he 'didn't want to get over heated in the million blankets I use on my bed' he was adorable though, I'll give him that.

"What are you guys doing up so early?" His voice was deep and scratchy since he had just woken up. He got over to us and wrapped his arms around my neck and leaned his head against mine. "Well Wayne just got home from his shift and I couldn't sleep that well. You need to go back to sleep though. It's only two in the morning." He mumbled something that I couldn't understand. So I asked him what he said. "Come back to bed with me." He was still mumbling a bit and his words slurred together and dragged out since he was still half asleep and still obviously very tired which is understandable.

"Fine let's go." He placed a kiss on my head and unwrapped his arms around my neck so he could grab my hand and pull me up from the stool I was sitting at "Goodnight you two." Wayne sent us a warm smile while Eddie and I told him goodnight in return, well Eddie mumbled it again as he pulled me along and back into my room. As soon as I opened up my door I could hear the light sounds of Dustin snoring.

I quietly closed the door behind me as Eddie stepped over Dustin and laid back down underneath the covers. I quickly joined him and like instinct Eddie wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. The calming pace of his chest rising and falling and his breathing soon confirmed that he'd fell asleep almost instantly. I turned over a bit to face him and placed a kiss on his check and turned back around. I slowly started dozing off but I was quick to fall asleep.