Chapter Thirty Two

The stares you get as soon as you walk into the school is something I thought that I had gotten used to but this time the looks were different. They weren't the same looks I got because I was Steve's sister or because I was with the king of the school, these looks had more hate to them.

These looks could kill if it was possible and if it was, me and Eddie would be dead. Everywhere either one of us went we would get these looks. I got them in class, in the hallway, in the parking lot, and even in the bathroom like what the fuck. It was like we were parasites or something.

The looks were like the 'what the hell are you doing here' mixed with 'who do you think you are being here'. You could tell that we definitely weren't liked around here and that's the same reason why I'm currently sitting here at lunch at the hellfire club table with all the boys. I was basically kicked out of my spot at my normal lunch table and Eddie was willing to let me sit at his table as long as I didn't complain about anything they were taking about.

Lunch felt off, the whole day felt off. Most people were silent which is understandable, our whole town split into four, houses and buildings got destroyed, 22 people died and even more are still missing. I always knew something was off about our town, hell, I had to face it first hand multiple times but this time all the loss really made out town feel off. There wasn't any bickering at lunch like normal and most people just ate in silence.

The hellfire table was anything but silent though. They kept laughing loudly, practically yelling whenever they were talking which I didn't necessarily mind I suppose. Eddie was explaining to everyone how excited they should be for the next campaign they are starting tomorrow.

Speaking of starting tomorrow, Will, Jonathan, and El are all supposed to start tomorrow. I don't know what's going on with argyle though, I haven't really cared to ask but I probably should.

"Y/n are you okay?" I looked over to Dustin who was looking at me with concern all over his face, I guess I was really zoned out but it seemed like no one else had noticed except for him because everyone else was still talking and laughing "Yeah, I'm fine." I shifted in my seat to get comfortable but there was point. I love everyone in the hellfire club since they treat Dustin and Eddie amazingly, I just feel like I'm interrupting while being here.

"I'm going to go out to the parking lot real quick." Dustin gave me a slight smile and a quick okay as I stood up from my chair and grabbed my tray and my bag. Everyone else was too deep in their conversation to even realize that I had walked away from the table. I threw away the rest of my lunch and went outside.

I can not wait until I get home and I get to go visit Max. I've been going every single day and Susan has only been there twice out of all the times I've went but she's trying to juggle two jobs and she's been staying in the gym with the other people who lost their houses. Instead of having to do PE and run around and shit like that, they make you help around in the gym which is a good idea.

The bell rang signaling that lunch was over so I went back inside and head to my second to last class of the day. How fun. The rest of the day was boring like normal but at least I only have three or so more weeks after this week and then I'm done.

I went out to the parking lot and Eddie was leaning against his van all the way in the back of the parking lot talking to some kid. He's probably making a deal, Eddie opening up his black lunchbox just confirmed my idea. I don't mind when he makes deals like I said before but he's so open about them that I'm worried he's going to get caught one day, well actually I'm probably wrong about that. They don't really arrest people for shit like that here especially when Hopper was chief. They are actually trying to get him to be chief again which I think is a good idea but I feel like he needs to relax for awhile first. He was literally held captive in Russia and almost died there, he deserves a break for a bit.

As I was walking over to Eddie the guy he was talking to quickly left after handing Eddie money and grabbing the little baggie from Eddie's hand. "Are you ready to go?" I gave a nod to Eddie and he opened up the passenger side door and signaled for me to get it which I quickly did, he did a little jog to get to his door and  basically jumped in as soon as he opened his door. As the low noise of engine starting up was the only thing heard between the two of us I noticed how his van is starting to smell like a mix of my favorite perfume and the smell of weed, cigarettes, and his cheap cologne that I've grown to love.

"Are you okay?" Eddie's hand found it's way from the steering wheel to the top of my left thigh "Yeah, I'm fine." I continued to look out the window watching the trees pass by quickly at the speed we were going as I responded to him "Alright. Something just seems off with you today." He gave my thigh a reassuring squeeze which made me turn and look to him. His brown eyes were soft as he looked at me for a second before looking back to the road "Everything is alright Eddie."

With the speed he was going it didn't take us long at all to get back to the house. Wayne's car and Steve's cars were both gone so I'm assuming they both had work. Eddie got out of his door and stood at the front of the van for me as I got out of my door grabbing my bag as I got out.

"I'm going to be playing my girl when we get inside if that's okay." Obviously I don't mind when he plays his guitar, it's actually very calming at times except for when he gets pissed because something doesn't sound right "That's fine, I want to lay down anyways." He opened the front door for me and slammed it shut once we got inside, he grabbed my hand and practically pulled me to our room.

He always gets excited whenever I lay down and watch him play, he says that it makes him feel like he's at home. He's cute, I'll be honest.

Since I was already in sweats I instantly laid down as soon as I put my bag down when we got to our room. He put his lunchbox on my desk and got one of his amps setup and got his guitar down from where it's stand was hung up on the wall "I'm back home sweetheart." He talks to that damn guitar like he talks to me but I also wasn't surprised when I first heard him call it his sweetheart that night we distracted the bats which made him quickly explain that his guitar is his baby. He doesn't really play master of puppets anymore because he doesn't like the memories it brings back which is completely understandable.

He started messing with his guitar and started playing random strings to make sure it's tuned when the phone started ringing. I turned over to face my bedside table to pick the phone up and I brought it to my ear "Hello? Harrington and Munson residence." The line was silent for a moment before a very proper man spoke up "Hello, this is Hawkins hospital and we called to tell you that Maxine Mayfield is awake and is requesting you." The excitement in my body caused me to quickly get out of bed "I'll be right there."

I slammed the phone down and slipped on my chucks that I had on earlier at school. "What the hell are you doing y/n" I know I probably looked like a maniac but I also didn't care, I grabbed the box of stuff that I wanted to give to Max whenever she woke up and I grabbed Eddie's keys off my desk. "Max is awake." He quickly got up and set his guitar down on my bed. I threw him the keys as we practically ran out the house and to his car and started speeding to the hospital.