CHAPTER 1-Level 1 worker

Zoe POV.

"Zoe hurry up" Palsi tells me hurriedly while filling her basket with fruits. We are being watched by the staff soldier's as we fill our baskets.

Yes... we work under staff soldier's. we collect fruits and vegetables and hand them over and the weight of the basket would decide our daily wages and according to that we get paid the baskets are usually heavily filled but the weighing scale usually points low. I think my intuition is wrong.

In lucky days if we collect two full baskets of freshly fruits we get a little more pay than usual. It's difficult under this hot sun but still the people of AURUM don't grumble into those things because CAPTAIN GENERAL provided us seeds and has build a well to water plants. we live in kingdom of AURUM.

Palsi lends me her hand as we hear the bell rings and I get up. I haven't filled my basket full. Today's pay will be less.

The bell rings indicate time is over we are given a limited time to collect the organic.

We are divided into eight groups.

Our kingdom is rich in every expect from crops to gold. our land is goodly fertile. Aurum,s Queen has prayed in cold mountains for good land,crops,health and rain. People say she prayed for 34 days in the top of mountain.

They labelled us as Level 1 workers. Because we work outside of palace.

There are Level 2 to Level 6 worker. They all work in palace inside and but we are outside. If any ceremonies is hosted in kingdom of aurum, we are categorised as Level 1 workers that's our degree or say my identity in here.

As i remember a gossip not a long ago that CAPTAIN GENERAL workers are labelled as Level 0. Level 0 workers and captain general don't leave here they stay in Mount zipon. Which is miles away from kingdom of Aurum.

"Started dreaming again" palsi poke me with her little finger in my elbow.
I look to her and smile. Palsi is "Sprinz" it's her tribe name they are not originally from our country. A foreign soul should be slaughtered but in our country we don't slaughter people who are disabled in any form and palsi left leg is Amputated.

That doesn't make her less beautiful. She has golden eyes. Tribe 'Sprinz' are blessed with that, this make them so unique. And they have their own language which is very hard to understand. She tried teaching me but I fail miserably. I only managed to understand certain words.

"Oh Palsi don't annoy me" i tell her smiling, we head towards the weighing scale. I help her to carry basket.

There is already a huge line of workers near the cart which take the organic to palace. We are not allowed to enter as it's obvious. As we move forward to join the line. A loud cry of pain is heard which make all of us startled not after long we hear loud roar of a staff soldiers, panic washed though the line.

"I tell you people. If you out-smart us you will drown" one of the soldiers speaks.

Then five soldiers quickly make us stand in circle as we all could witness what was happening. But due to our ranking we could not meet our eyes to the soldiers so all our eyes were looking towards the ground and none has the voice to ask what went wrong.

"The Captain general gave you seeds to plants, well to water them and The Queen pays you coins for your handwork. What made you think that You will defy her. Who are you? You pigs" He spits bitterly.

All heads are hung low like we have already accepted we are criminal. It's wasn't the simple words but a tight slap on our face like we betrayed the Queen and the General. Which the people of Queens and kings land would never do. We always respect the kindness of queen and generosity of General.

This doesn't end here as we hear the sound of metals colliding with each other and sound of metal nearing.
"Colonel is here" Palsi whisper to me in an inaudible voice which only I hear. Colonel presence is well known to all the people of Aurum. he is always shielded in metals. He cuts people head and play with those bloody heads of people, He is always sheilded in metals.

When Colonel nears all the staff soldiers bow in front of him as a greeting. And slowly all the people in circle start to kneel in honour of Colonel, as we were kneeling my breathing rate starts rising, I am always scared of this type of scenerio.

He is the one who beheads people in this country, most of the time Queen doesn't interfere and let him do what he wishes. Everyone from my town is pacing out. Nobody can see it but can feel it.

"Rise" he commands and all the workers rise but heads bowed below.

"What is the matter here Sin" Colonel ask the staff soilder who was roaring earlier. And the Staff solider explains him the matter.

"Justice awaits you Colonel" soilders polish his words which satisfy Colonel. "This lady right her has put stone at the bottom of her basket to add more weight. She has disrespected Queens generosity" staff soilders narrates his part to Colonel.

Living here from past 8 year today was the day I knew his name 'Sin' What a disgusting name. But then it goes well with his personality.

People of Aurum are humble and honest they would never do this I thought.

But I was never the strong one to speaks for someone. I couldn't speak for my Parents when they were found guilty I couldn't testify there case. I lost them because of me. A lone tear escape my eyes as memories floods inside.

"Show me the women" Colonel tells Another soldiers drag the woman by her hair she Yelp in pain but no mercy is shown. They bring her basket too.

She tries to free her arm from the soldiers but is at loss because not after seconds she was slapped hard. Very Hard and her body falls straight into the ground.

"Ple....ase..ple.....i....not.....me....." She stammers Between her sobs. Which make the Colonel interested. He loves seeing people in fear.

"Has you disrespected the Queen Women" Colonel voice bumes in, his voice is rough and harsh.

"No Colonel.....it's...not...m...ee.." she tells.

"It was...." she pause as she wipes her tears.

"her" she points at some direction I don't know because our heads are hung low.

With one Swift I am being carried by large hands and within the reflex of time I'm kneeling on the ground.

'Maybe today is the day I'll die'

Please vote

Hello Beautiful readers

Please comment it will help me understand your opinion.

I know it's beginning, I'm hopping and praying we complete this journey together.

Lots of love if you have read till here.

Stay safe...

Thank you for Reading:)

Your Author