Chapter 12-Audax

Previously on Thanatos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need a good rest tomorrow will be a very long day. I need to save my tears and energy.

I Promise myself Tomorrow I will stay strong. I will not cry and I will not let anybody scold me or bark at me.

PROMISED

SEALED
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe POV.

More than me I think my mind was very much mentally prepared for today as my sleep broke before the wake up singing and I quickly freshened Myself. I just took few things with me.

I checked everything for the last time and went out of my tent. Surprisingly General was already out of his tent he looked Majestic and fearless, he was talking with one of the Master. I divert my eyes from them. From last night I feel remorse towards General somehow I was ready to share him my deep feelings on my first day.

But today I don't even want to go with him. He is rude, imprudent, crude. What was I even expecting from him. He is General after all it's his choices to behave however he wants I don't have the right to question him.

"Zoe" hearing my name makes me snaps towards the owner of the voice. who called me??

Master Ares how did I fail to recognise his voice. He looks at me puzzled I look at him not breaking eye contact. He raises his right brows I raise mine. He fuses both his brows narrowing his eyes. I copy him Suddenly I remember how Master Ares insulted me in the court room. Oh! today is the bad day to open those memories.

Master Ares stretched his first finger indicating me to walk up to him. I didn't want to go but then I don't want to create problems for me so i walked up to him. Coming closer to the place where Master Ares was standing with General who hasn't left yet, One more Stranger who I suppose was a Master. I don't know his name.

"Any Problem young lady?" Master asks me. I nod my head in no.

"Is she someone you know Ares?" He now questions Master Ares. The thought of relating to Master Ares itself is not fitting well so I nod my head in no before Master Ares could answer.

At this point of time I just want to arrive Palace fast, finish the work, then return and stay away from them as much as possible they are the ones I hated the most being this close with them is blocking my air passage I could die of suffocation.

"She is the one...send from Aurum's" Master Ares tells gaping in between. What do you mean by she is the one. Is Master Ares going around complaining about me to other's. That does not shoot his image.

Master Ares extend his hands giving me a box which was neatly tied. I took the box from his hand. My hands dipped downwards but I managed it. It was heavy. What is inside. stones?

"General's Meal" Master Ares told me. Oh I just remembered his words. When General needs water give him. when General wants food bring him. Your work is to assist him. Argggg..

One of the guard rushed to the place we were standing. He bowed his head before General as he proceeded to tell General something to which I wasn't paying much attention only the part when he informed about the formation how the levels were distributed and that this way we will be moving towards Palace.

First the Foot guards

Second some Master's which do not include Master Ares as he would come with others workers.

Third Security Guard which seems to be hundreds of them.

Fourth the workers in which there are only four of us as per General's order.