Chapter 21 Stranger

Previously on Thanatos

"Prepare yourself this journey is not going to be easy" General said. His eyes held high intensity of determination which was scaring away my fears. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe Pov.

"The Minister of Defence is Entering" The gatekeeper announced beating the drums. I saw him enter and he had a sword hanging around his waist. He was wearing a helmet and his footwear was high. His knuckles had a metal cover.

He walked from the front. His walking was making me lose balance. He was heavily huge. I caught General for support. He seemed unbothered by my actions. He walked upto General.

Both were facing each other. He was strong but he was nothing in front of the General. Both were staring into each other's eyes, none of them saying anything.

It looked like they were speaking through their eyes and by seeing into their behaviour it looked like the General had the upper hand.

He started muttering something in his breath. I couldn't stop looking at him, somehow I found that man interesting. Suddenly his eyes found mine and our eyes locked.

Heeeh* his eyes were vomiting anger. I, being the ultimate stupid human, didn't turn my eyes away.

"Isn't she the one? " He said. I didn't think he would speak with aggression. Hence he is declared Angry stone from now on. He was pointing his finger in my direction.

"YES" Master Ares shouted from the other end of the room. I turned my head and he was heating his sword in the fire stand.

Sometimes he is the kindest person that I want to appreciate but sometimes he is like the weirdest person who I just want to throw in ice water.

"You are a pretty little human" Angry stone said he extended his hands to me. Wow his hands were huge and he had cuts on them like the General.

I put my hands on his, running my fingers along his cuts. Some cuts were deep while some were healing. There was this new cut. It was a long cut. I followed the cut and it went up to his arms. This cut was long.

There was this long cut going up to his shoulder. It was new and fresh but it was bandaged with a thick fibre. I ran my hands on the surface of his bandage.

Slowly he started removing his metal waist. He dropped his waist on the floor. He showed me the cut on his hip. It was stitched with wires. It looked so painful.

I put my hands to touch the wound when my hands stopped my General. I looked at him and he seemed bothered by my actions but he wasn't angry.

"We need to prepare my Lord" Master Ares interrupted and the General nodded his head. He was still holding my hands and with that we both were out of the Defence room.

He didn't let my hand go and without knowing why I started crying. I cried and cried more as he dragged me through the halls and then we reached a beautiful garden.

He let go of my hands and I cried more loudly this time. We were standing near a small waterfall and I saw General going near the water. He came on his knees and collected water in his hands and came running to the place I was standing.

He was offering me the water he brought from the river.

"Drink some water," the General said. I was overwhelmed by him so I drank the water while crying.

He went near the river again and followed behind him. He bent down and drank water directly from the river. I too bent down on my knees and drank water.

He stood up and I did the same. He brought his hands near my face as I was shocked by his motion. I took a step back and he came forward, his hands wiped the water from my lips.

I stood frozen on my spot. I looked at him. I don't know what people thought about him but he was the kindest person I have ever met in my life.

He extended his hands again but this time he was asking me to put my hands on his and without hesitating I gave my hands to him.

He interlocked my hands and was slowly leading me inside the garden. It was good to see something peaceful inside the Palace.

"It's so peaceful here" I said to him. He didn't turn back to reply instead gave a short nod and we continued walking. My hands were so small compared to him.

As we were going inside the garden I started to feel better. We walked to a huge tree. It had a little shelter-like thing made on its branches. It looked like a platform.

General stopped walking. He turned to face me. I couldn't look at him any longer so I turned aside.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked softly.

"I feel better now" I replied shyly.

"You still have time to rethink," General said. He truly didn't want me to go with him.

"I'm going on my own responsibility" I said to him boldly.

"Little girl you don't even know what you are saying" He said, sounding a bit concerned.

I removed my hands from his hold and crossed them around my chest. No one knew better than me. If I Stayed back in the Palace without the General then I myself don't know how I'm going to survive here.

One thing I knew was that he was my only light to take away the darkness near me.

"Why did you touch Deo? " General asked. His eyes were darker, there was no softness in them. He was not the person I was walking with; he looked so dangerous.

I gulped my saliva. I will not say I was scared of him. I was terrified of him.

"I don't know" I mumbled to myself.

"He had huge wounds on his body" I added.

I knew he would understand, everybody does but I was wrong. He came closer to me. He folded my hands behind my back and brought me very close to him.

"You will not go near any men" He said roughly in my face and I think I showed him my vulnerable side. My eyes started becoming moist. I started blinking countless times to prevent my tears from falling down.

"I will not" I said, my voice shaking a bit. He left me and I composed myself.

"You will find different men who will show you their wound" He paused and then again continued

"Can you take away all the pain they suffered" He said and I completely ignored him.

"No, but we can take care of them. It's the only way to show that pain is nothing more than the love of their dear one" I said.

"Don't you dare going near any other men. You don't want to face an angry General " He said and I knew what he wanted to say.

I know I'll always be a stranger to his world.