Chapter 14-Precious

Previously on Thanatos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was deep in my thought when I saw Master Ares in front of me. All the crowd around me had dispersed. Master Ares extended his hands in front of me I looked at him confused. I didn't know what to do.

My eyes getting heavier due to earlier pain and my body was exhausted. After that I didn't know what happened but my body was relaxed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
General POV.

Sitting on the throne of Aurum's makes me inhumane infront of everyone. Not a single soul is happy seeing me here. Queen's face is contorted with rage her eyes turning bright red. Seeing her in this state satisfy me. All her plans would be ruined from here. I smirk at what I have planned for her.

I look at my sides Kings and Noblemen glaring at me in disgust like I am the dirt of the ground whose presence is not bearable for them. People of Aurum's thinking I disrespected theirs queen. Which doesn't effect me never will it do anytime. I examine every face present on the ceremony and all of them have bitterness painted on their face.

My eyes locks to a little women her face looks like a majestic scenery. The beauty of her eyes is so endearing it can bring life to the stone. The only soul who seems to be smiling. She seems to be enjoying the entire process. My eyes don't seem to move away from her she is looks divine. Her face praises me like I did the right thing. She looks like she is in some kind of pain which she hides perfectly inside. Why she is different then others? Does she have some kind of resentment towards the queen? My eyes were focused on her as I begin Speaking to the Queen.

Watching her from time to time She seems to be unaffected by my words. Her face giving blank reaction like some witch had spelled her.

I announced her as my BRIDE and I have no intention to take my words back. She will be my bride where she likes it or not. Her being with me signify only one thing her Present and future will be only and only me. I heard lot of murmurs and a disapproving look from our Queen. I expected her to run away or go mad crying for her dear life which now is in hands of monster.

She stands firm on her place like her legs are tied to the ground looking aimlessly to the front. I had told Ares to take Zoe out as soon as I announced her as my bride. Why?

Ares carries Zoe in his arms taking her out from the ceremony. Ares action affected me inside.That was a wrong move Ares. I wanted to follow them but my body fixed on the throne. I can not disrespect the throne. So I stood and gave my last words to the crowd and told the Concubine's to leave the Kingdom. As there was no choosing of bride happening. I was about to step down from the podium.

I left burning sensation in my chest.

"I challenge you General" Queen said raising her voice from behind. Her body must be shaking in rage. Nothing worked according to her today.

"She will die before you know it" She laughs making me want to chock her neck with my bare hands. I turn back to face her.

"And you will be the one to kill HER" Pointing her fingers towards me. Though I don't give any reaction but she seems to read my inside. She smirk knowing her words did the work. She was about to say more when I walked away.

Ignoring Queens and her followers from nearby kingdoms I walked out from the ceremony. Zipon Guards following behind me. Commander of Security Guard informs me about the whereabouts of Ares.

Spotting Ares I walk towards him. He had taken Zoe to a Royal healer. As soon as he sense my presence he looks at me in anger for few seconds and then bows his head infront of me. That's right Ares you need to know who stands above you. Seeing Zoe unconscious in his arms I did not think twice to take her from him. Audax was prepared for the long Journey. I climbed on him with Zoe. She was so close to me her head laying on my chest her breathing was slow. She is little compare to my build.