gate crasher (f.w)

A sleepover in the girls' dormitory leaves Fred bored without you. Little does he know that you are all awaiting his arrival.

Warnings: none!

Word Count: 1 k

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

The clock struck yet again, signalling another hour into the evening. The foggy, mist-filled sky resembled Fred's exact mood. Because he – unlike you and all of your friends – hadn't earned an end-of-term celebration. At least, that was what Hermione had said.

Fred never worried much about school. Of course, he was brilliant on his own.  But even then, he didn't care to prepare for an upcoming test or assessment. He was one to simply go with the flow, and it was no different when it came to his NEWTS.

Fred Weasley marched into each and every classroom with his chin held high, ready to complete another one of his many years. But now, with his brother and best mate stuck in detention, he was left wishing that he had studied for his bloody exams.

Music bounced off the walls, echoing down the corridors and into the common room. It was moments like these that many were thankful for muggleborns. Their music taste was something from another world.

Fred groaned from the sunken cushion of the sofa – hands running through his long ginger locks as he glared at the empty space around him. He had been entertained only moments ago, but it seemed that pranking the first years hadn't gotten him too far; they darted to their dorm room the moment curfew began.

Fred wished he could join you — or even better: steal you away. He knew there was only so much fun you could have with Hermione Granger in charge. He needed someone to laugh with right now, but the obnoxious music playing only made him crave you more.

Everyone knew that Fred Weasley couldn't resist a good celebration.

With a slight smirk, he took hold of his broom and prepared for take-off, knowing that the jinx placed on the stairs was nothing but a little obstacle.

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

He frantically hushed the crying photos from their frames ‌as‌ ‌they‌ ‌shrieked‌ ‌in‌ ‌his presence. Despite a few bruises from the narrow walls of the corridor, he landed graciously onto the floor as he approached your room. He only hoped no one had heard him — those paintings never made his travel any easier.

He was relieved to find that the door was cracked open, likely awaiting a few more arrivals of the night. Gryffindor slumber parties were never small. Though, he would be surprised if anyone drank anything stronger than giggle water.

He chuckled to himself when he found you. You were clad in a charcoal mask, sitting against the wall with your feet stretched out before you. The typical four-poster beds had been transfigured into one massive mattress, where you all rested and chatted amongst yourselves.

Your eyes were glued to the screen, where a muggle film had begun to play. With popcorn in hands, you were all very occupied; he could easily slip in without notice.

Taking a careful step onto the floorboard, ‌he‌ ‌was‌ ‌thankful it had not creaked. Having snuck into your room countless times, he knew where and where not to step. He smirked to himself, rather proud to say that he had succeeded, yet again.

Glancing around the room for sight of any onlookers, he dove into the spot next to you before cuddling into the bedspread.

"Fred? What in Godric's name are you doing here!" you shrieked, attempting to keep your voice down as not to alert everyone in the room. You had already made a promise to keep him out.

"I missed you," he shrugged, wrapping his arms around your waist. "What's the movie?"

He reached for your popcorn, but you were quick to slap his hand away from the bucket.

"What was that for?" he mumbled.

You shook your head as he began to get comfortable, "Freddie! You can't be here."

"I completed my exams too, you know?" he sulked.

"Yes, but you didn't spend any time studying," you giggled, attempting to keep quiet as he began to trail kisses down your neck. "You haven't earned this."

"We all deal with stress in our own ways, love," he chimed, settling comfortably behind you with his arms around your middle.

You caught the teasing glare Angelina sent you, but pretended not to notice. She and all the others made a bet that he couldn't handle the night without you. And you were not prepared to lose.

"Freddie?" you whispered, peering up at him with a pair of big puppy dog eyes. "Can't you hang out with George and Lee?"

Fred scoffed, raising his voice to announce it to the room.

"Can you believe it? My own girlfriend is trying to banish me from her party!" Fred gasped, causing your face to flush red.

All eyes were on you now, but Fred smiled ‌indifferently; he had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

Hermione suddenly pointed her wand at the screen, muttering a spell as everything fell silent. Your cheeks began to hurt from smiling too hard.

"Get him!" Katie cried as all girls formed a circle in the middle of the room. Fred was shoved to the very front of the line, a sudden look of panic flooding his features.

"What's going on?" he floundered, head whipping from left to right as he examined the swarm of people surrounding him. He was suddenly forced to take a seat as he felt a pair of hands take his own.

"You are now our personal canvas," Padma giggled, as both she and Hermione began to paint a new colour to each of his nails. His eyes went wide when Angelina began to brush a thick liquid onto his face, but he relaxed at the feeling of your hands in his hair.

"You did this to yourself, Freddie," you chuckled as you and Ginny began to weave through his ginger ‌mane. "This is payback for all of the pranks you've pulled."

He smiled contentedly as he felt your delicate fingers brush against his scalp.

"You know, this isn't much of a punishment, love?" he teased, lifting his chin in the air to peer back at you. "When you're all done, can I do yours?"

A flood of squeals ‌swept the room as everyone gushed at what they were hearing. Lavender Brown even went as far to say that Fred was the most romantic boy in Hogwarts. You rolled your eyes at this statement.

Fred only smiled triumphantly, sending you a wink when you met his caramel eyes.

"How is it that you never look bad?" you scoffed, finding that Fred was charming, even when covered in a lime green mask with his hair sticking out from behind him.

A song was suddenly played from the record player, causing all girls to howl as they sang and danced along.

Fred helped you up before twirling you under his arm.

"Gotta look good for my girl!"