precious moments in time (g.w)

Even after months of dating George Weasley, you find yourself falling in love with the smallest of things.

Warnings: Sequel to 'Capture the Moment' !!

Word Count: 946

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

You sat beneath the ruby comforter adorning his bed, settling in the scent that was so entirely George.  Light no longer beamed from outside the glass as the night sky engulfed the grounds.  But the lamp on his bedside table created a comforting glow, allowing you to relax as you awaited his return.

You studied his dorm room, finding ease in the simplest of things.  His broom stood tall from the beam of his four-poster, accompanied by his beater mitts and bat.  The room was rather messy, reeking the presence of teenage boys.  But you took to admiring it, slipping your head through one of the many jumpers that scattered the room.

Even if it had been several months since the two of you made things official, there was always something new to learn about George Weasley. 

You quickly discovered that you loved the sound of his voice as he read to you through the late-night thunder.  You loved that you still caught him staring during meals, as though you were nothing more than best friends.  You loved the way his touch awoke butterflies deep within you.

You cherished the boy who made you feel special on the most ordinary of days with no regrets as you patiently waited for him to stroll back from detention.

You giggled at the sight of his camera, which rested proudly on his nightstand.  Beside it lay a brown book — its surface large and its pages thick with layers of parchment.

You eyed it curiously, wondering if it was safe for you to take a closer look.  You couldn't hold back the urge to learn even more about your beloved boyfriend.  Mulling over the idea, you let out a sigh before casually taking the book in hand.

Your finger traced over the spine, your other brushing against the edges of the pages.  They felt heavy, as though they had been filled to the brim.  Though, some were tattered, leaving you to believe that much more than words lie beneath the surface.

With one deep breath, you peeled back the warn-out cover.

Pictures upon pictures stared back at you — each one accompanied by sweet words in colourful script.  It reminded you of that very day six months ago, when you had stumbled upon George and his camera.

You leaned back against his pillow, eyes bright and your smile wide as you took it all in — each photo deemed a precious moment in time.

"Say cheese!" Arthur Weasley chimed, his eye peeking through the camera as his tongue poked out in concentration.

The entire Weasley clan smiled brightly, each member huddled around the tree while eager to open their presents.

It was only a matter of time before Arthur demanded to hear about his son's Muggle Studies class, taking quite a liking to the curious technology George had brought back home.

You smiled while donning your ugly Christmas sweater, George curled up behind you while pressing a kiss to your cheek.

The photo brought you back to that exact moment, reminding you of the excitement of the Holidays and winter weather. Glitter glue adorned the parchment, the words 'Christmas 1993' written across the top.  You admired the photo before curiously flipping to the next.

Each one caused your heart to warm, some fostering tears while others pulled goosebumps from your skin.  It was as though your relationship was laid out before you. You couldn't wait to watch it grow.

"Y/n?"

Your head snapped up at the voice, wiping at the silver lining in your eyes when he came into view.

George stood by the entrance, his ginger hair tousled from having run his fingers through it.  Snape's detentions would do that to anyone.  Though, it only made him all the more attractive.

George's eyes softened as he took you in, loving the way the sleeves of his jumper pooled over your wrists.  He was quick to pad across the room, removing his pants so that he sat in his boxers before curling up next to you.

"You found it," he chuckled, wrapping his arm around you while hugging you close.  His lips pressed to your forehead, smiling when you nestled further into his side.

"Couldn't help myself," you mumbled, tilting your chin forward to get a closer look at him.  You, too, placed a kiss on his jaw, feeling your heart flutter when he let out a small hum.

He blushed when he got a closer look at the picture open before you.

You had paused on it just a moment ago, feeling the need to appreciate the moment just a little bit longer.

Your arms were draped around George's neck, his nose touching yours as the Gryffindor Quidditch team cheered from around you.

It had been the day you finally uttered those scary words — the day he told you he loved you.  It was cheesy, you realized as you thought back on the moment, remembering the way he spun you against his sweaty robes without a care in the world.  But even now weeks later, hearing the words fall from his lips continued to make your heart flutter.

You turned to George, giggling as he hid in the crook of your neck.

"I love you," you mumbled, bumping your nose with his just as he had done that very day.

"I love you more," he smiled, pecking your lips.  The butterflies went wild in his stomach.

Snuggling back into his side, you let out a chuckle as he reached for his camera.

"Smile," he teased, adoring the way your dimples shone from beneath the glow of the lamp.

"Good enough to add to the collection?" you smirked, peering down at the camera as your photo began to digitize on the screen.

George grinned, closing the book before drawing you in close.

"The best one yet."