tongue tied (g.w)

There's something especially sweet about seeing George with his nieces and nephews.

Warnings: just a whole lot of fluff

Word Count: 482

A/N: something small for my love for dad george.  I'm sorry I can't help myself <3

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

George smiled at the ginger in his arms, his heart feeling full as a gummy smile spread across his niece's lips.

Molly Audrey Weasley was the newest addition to the Weasley clan. She was only four weeks old, with big brown eyes and a head of red curls. Fred liked to joke, wondering how Percy managed to make a kid as cute as her. But she was a Weasley after all, and it was no surprise to anyone that the Weasleys had the most adorable children.

One by one she was passed around the room, meeting each one of her loving aunts and uncles.

You had always known George was good with kids. How could he not be? With a joke shop swarming with children every day of the week, you hadn't expected any less of him. But sitting at the kitchen table, watching George carefully take a seat on the sofa with a baby in hand and a bottle in the other — it had your heart soaring.

His strong arms were gentle as he cradled the soft bundle of joy, a soft smile tugging at his lips when she began to nurse. Victoire and Teddy were quick to join his side, immediately swarming their favourite uncle with questions about the youngest Weasley. Of course, Fred begged to differ, claiming that he was the better half of the Weasley Twins, but there was no denying their love for George.

You watched through the commotion as the two demanded George's attention. Teddy took it upon himself to practice his Metamorphmagus skills, laughing as a tuft of orange curls sprouted from atop his head. And Victoire began to study George's technique, excited to soon become a big sister.

But one particular question caused George's ears to burn. You watched him stumble over his words, wondering what exactly Victoire could have said to make him so flustered.

He laughed it off, quickly excusing himself as he stood with Molly in his arms.

"You okay?" you giggled, waving to baby Molly when your eyes met with hers. She continued to suckle on her bottle; although, you didn't miss the way her eyes immediately turned back to George.

George only nodded, shifting his chair closer to press a soft kiss to your temple. He looked down at his niece for a moment, brushing a spot of milk off her cheek before peering back up at you.

"Victoire asked an interesting question," George began, sending you a shy smile.

You giggled, knowing you'd have to pry it out of him. "And what might that be?"

George shrugged, removing the empty bottle from Molly's lips.

"Are we next?"

You looked up at him for a moment, biting your lip so as not to let your beaming smile show.

But George knew — he could read you like an open book. And he could not wait to do it all with you.