Chapter 1 Moving in

Let me start from the beginning.

It was a rainy day, and I was with my dad. We were driving in his RV he got a few days ago. We got it after he sold his old car to buy a house. We had to move out of our old house ever since my dad and mom divorced. My mom took my little brother, and my dad took me. I liked being with my dad, but I missed the rest of my family. Anyway, we were looking for a house. Not a big house, but a small one, since we sold our old car for 5,800 dollars. We looked, and looked, and looked. Until we found a small house. Had a yellow color and a reddish- brownish roof. We walked in and after looking around for a bit, we knew it was perfect. My dad called the realtor, and we bought the house. Soon, we got all of our stuff inside. Then, I just rested.

IM GONNA REACH FOR THE STARS.

"Groan."

ALTHOUGH THEY MOVE PRETTY FAR.

BEEP.

"Hello?" I asked. Yes, that was my ringtone. I'm not ashamed. There was no answer. "Hello?!"

"Hey, Laney. It's Jeremy!"

That was my older cousin. He's very fun to be around with, but gets scared easily.

"Oh, hey Jeremy! How are you doing?"

"Good. You?"

"Tired. You woke me from a nap I was just taking. Just finished unpacking my stuff."

"yeah, hehe. I know."

I was confused.

"how do you know? My dad doesn't have you on speed dial. And he doesn't know your phone number."

"Look outside." And he hung up. I was more confused, but I did what he asked. I had my very own porch. So, I walked outside and saw Jeremy, right in the middle of the street.

"Hey, Laney!!!" He yelled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I live three house away from you! I saw you coming out of the RV, so I had to come over!"

"Hold on, I'm coming down."

I discovered a metal pole right next to the porch, so I slid down it. Then, I ran to Jeremy.

"It's very nice to see you." I said to him.

"You too. It's been a long time. How old are you now?"

"13."

"Wow! Last time I saw you, I think you were 9"

"That's mean we haven't seen each other since my mom and dad divorced."

"Yep. I still remember helping you guys pack up. Man! I missed you."

"You as well."

Then, I heard the door slam open. My dad came out.

"Jeremy?" My dad said, looking at, well, Jeremy.

"Hey uncle Michael."

"Dad. Did you know that Jeremy lives here?"

"I did not. How far?"

"Three houses."

My dad looked to the floor.

"That's good." He said. I looked at him, with a worried face.

"What is wrong, dad? Somethin up?"

" yeah. I just got a called from an old friend. He said that there is an opening for a job as a firefighter. And I need money for taxes."

" how much are the taxes?"

"1,000 dollars."

"FOR THIS HOUSE? Really?"

"Yeah, and the job pays 500 dollars a week. But in order to get the job, I have to train in Florida, since the training here is poor. But now that I know Jeremy lives not so far from here, maybe he would be kind to take care of you for a little while?"

"Sure, I'll do it. Besides, if I'm not around, Laney can always do to the new pizzeria!"

My dad and I looked at Jeremy.

"New pizzeria?" I said.

"Yeah. It's called Freddy Fazbears pizza. It's just two blocks away from here. She could even barrow my bike to get there."

"That's ok with me. Are you ok with that?"

"Sure. Can we see it?"

Jeremy smiled.

"Of course. The place is open from 7 to 11:30."

"It's only 5 right now. So let's go."

"Cool."

And we all walked to the pizzeria. Not knowing that we were starting a new adventure.