I: Two Sides

Robyn Fenty

I called and texted Bey all night

I called and texted Bey all night. At one point the calls went straight to voicemail and the messages turned green, instantly letting me know she blocked me. My heart sunk and I couldn't do anything but cry for the rest of the night. I kept feeling like I was the one who fucked up, but I didn't do anything wrong.

It was all Kelly's fucking fault. She's the reason why the love of my life thinks I'm a cheater. I felt nothing but anger, sadness, and resentment for the next person who was going to be able to give Beyoncé the world instead of me.

Before I knew it, it was the morning and I didn't want to step foot out of my bed. I had no appetite, no motivation, no Beyoncé, so what was the point.

Kelly might still be here...

With that thought I got out of bed. I didn't want her here, so if she was still on my couch she was gonna have to get the fuck out. I proceeded to walk downstairs until I reached my living room.

I walked over to the couch to see Kelly still sleeping. My body filled with nothing but rage. I can't believe she had the nerve to still be here after what she did.

"Kelly wake da fuck up an get out." I said as calmly as I could while snatching the blanket off of her. She jumped up quickly, scared I assumed. "Robyn what the hell!"

"I specifically tol' yah to be out in da mornin an not to be 'ere when I woke up. But yah still 'ere fa some fuckin reason like you don' still 'ave a girlfriend yah can go home ta!"

When I said that she closed her eyes, sighing deeply. "Onika and I are done, she confessed to me that she's wanted your little girlfriend since the moment she saw her."

The feelings of shock and doubt ran through me. "Nic knows 'ow I feel about Beyoncé. Why would she want someone who's spoken fa while bein in a relationship?"

All she did was shrug in response to my question. "Hell if I know. It's just clear she doesn't want me anymore."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Nicki would never do that to me, not after knowing how much Bey means to me. Not after knowing how much this relationship means to me. Kelly started to speak again, taking me out of my thoughts.

"That's why I went to the bar, got drunk, called you, and tried to sleep with you." Confusion went through my head after her sentence until I had a moment of realization.

"Yah wanted ta sleep wit mi because yah knew dat Nicki wanted Bey an yah wanted ta get some sort of 'revenge'?" She simply nodded in response. I couldn't do anything but scoff as I face palmed myself internally. I can't believe I was a part of a petty excuse for revenge.

"Don't worry your head about Beyoncé though, I'm sure she'll be back, that is if she hasn't ran into Onika's arms yet." She says as she rolls her eyes.