I: Trouble

Beyoncé Knowles

"Beyoncé, baby I'm not trying to argue with you

"Beyoncé, baby I'm not trying to argue with you. All I'm saying is I've just noticed that you've been slacking a little bit. I feel like you aren't focused anymore, you're starting to come to church events less and less and I don't remember the last time you had that nose in those books like you used to."

My momma and I had been arguing for the past few minutes. She believes I'm straying away from what's "important" in my life and that I'm being poorly influenced by Kelly. "Momma, I promise I'm doing fine. Sometimes I just don't feel like going to every church related event now that I have a job. I know i might not make every Bible study but I'm on that choir every Sunday. "

I wasn't lying, the late nights at the club made me more tired than usual. Plus Robyn and I have been spending more time with each other since the little incident. That was one thing I hadn't told my mother, I already knew how she thought.

My momma is extremely homophobic, she thought that it "wasn't of God" which was no surprise. I, clearly, don't have a problem with the gay people at all. Even before I fell in love with Rih, I've always that love of any kind was beautiful.

If my momma ever found out that the person I've been seeing was a woman, she'd disown me without a thought. "You're right baby I wasn't really thinking about that, I'm not used to you having a job. I still don't like how you're never home anymore, even on your days off. You're always out with that boyfriend of yours who still has yet to meet your momma. You and that boy been together for almost a year now."

She was scolding me about how it's been months and she still hasn't met the "mystery man" as she likes to call "him". "Okayyy mommy I think it's time for me to go now, I love you see you later." I said kissing her on the cheek before heading out, or at least trying to.

"Beyoncé Giselle I'm not playing, you better bring that boy over her to meet me or I'm gon whoop you!" She shouted at me before I closed the front door to the house. I texted my baby to see what she was doing, she was at the club so I decided to go over there and chill for a while.

Onika Maraj