03, Summer Dress.

Summer Dress

Season One, Episode Two. Part two.

-

Tonight Belly had a date with Cam-Cameron, which meant that Penelope would have to go to Laurel's Book party without her. She would have to spend time with the four boys, and she honestly dreaded it.

But Penelope Laurier was happy for Belly. Cam-Cameron seemed like a sweet guy from what Belly has told her about him.

Belly, Penelope, Susannah, and Lydia were in Susannah's room helping Belly prepare for her date. Belly was applying the final touches, she was putting on lipstick.

"Bells you look gorgeous!" Penelope stood up from the bed and walked over to her. She wrapped her arms around her neck. 

"Yeah, you look amazing Belly." Susannah complimented while putting on her shoes. 

Lydia nodded, "You are going to have so much fun tonight!" Lydia looked over at Susannah, "Can you believe how grown up they are?"

"I remember when they had baths together." Susannah clutched her hand to her chest. The two women smiled fondly at the two girls. They couldn't believe how much they've grown in such a short amount of time!

Laurel walked into the room, "You two look nice!" She was going through her bag looking for something. The two girls smiled at her and Penelope took her seat back on the bed. She laid down next to her dog and began to pet him.

"I can't believe crop tops are back!" Lydia grinned.

"Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" Susannah laughed and everyone joined in. Belly walked over to Susannah to give her, her lipstick back. "Have fun tonight!" Belly smiled at her and grabbed her stuff.

"Are you not driving with us?" Laurel asked her daughter, confused.

"Um, didn't Belly tell you? She has a date tonight." Lydia stood up next to Belly, Susannah followed and placed her arms on Belly's shoulders. They smiled.

"Sorry, mom." Belly gave her mom and apologetic look. "Uh, h-his name is Cam." She grinned.

"His mom works at the club!" Susannah said to Laurel, giving information to her about the boy.

"He's really nice and smart too!" Penelope added to the conversation, turning to look at Laurel with a smile.

Belly pointed at her, "Yes! Like Harvard smart." Susannah laughed slightly.

Laurel laughed a little, "It's fine. Of course you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years." She faked a smiled, "Have a great date."

"Thanks!" Belly hugged Lydia and Susannah. She waved at Penelope and hugged her mom.

As Belly was walking out her mom stopped her, "Do we need to talk about consent before you go?" Penelope laughed at how embarrassed Belly looked.

"Mom!" Belly ran out of the room.

Penelope was laid out on the bed texting Lila about her coming to Cousin's soon. The two girls were very excited. Lila and Taylor always came up for Belly's birthday. Even though they only spoke over the summer, the four girls all liked each other. 

"I kind of wish I wasn't going to this party, either." Laurel sighed and sat on the bed next to Penelope. "No offense." She said to Susannah.

"Quit being such a Debbie Downer." Susannah said to her best friend while looking at herself in the mirror.