10, Summer Tides.

Summer Tides.

Season One, Episode Six. Part One.

-

After the events of a couple of days ago, Penelope has been waking up with a smile on her face. However, part of her did worry. They haven't spoken about it yet. Penelope couldn't tell if it was a bad thing.

Penelope could not stop thinking about the kiss. She hoped that Jeremiah was the same way, but she didn't know.

Penelope decided to take a shower after she woke. She is not normally a morning showerer. But she took one this morning because she woke up feeling all sweaty and gross.

As Penelope was walking out of the bathroom she ran into Jeremiah. They haven't spoken much to each other since the kiss, so it was kind of awkward. She mumbled an apology to him began to walk to her room, "Morning!" Penelope turned around when he spoke to her.

She grinned, beginning to close her door, "Hi."

"Uh, how'd you sleep?"

"Fine. Woke up really hot though, did someone turn up the thermostat?" 

"I don't think so." He shook his head at her and she sighed as Steven ran past them holding a cup in his hands, going to the bathroom. 

They looked at him oddly as he began repeating, "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me." 

He closed the door and Jeremiah turned back to Penelope, who was still in her towel, "Hey, um, you excited about the volleyball tournament today? I know you don't compete but Lila's coming."

She smiled thinking about her best friend, "Yeah! I'm excited to be with her, even if it's just for a couple days."

Jeremiah smiled and nodded, "And, uh, I mean I don't wanna rush you or anything." He put his hands out, "but I would like to eventually talk about what happened the other night?"

"Y- uh, yeah, no, I mean" Penelope scratched her head, "Soon, maybe after Taylor and Lila leave? And when I'm not standing in nothing but a towel?"

Jeremiah laughed, "Okay, yeah. Sounds like a plan. After everything's done."

"Yeah. Sounds-sounds good!" She laughed with him. "Okay, I'm gonna, uh" She pointed to her door.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun?"

Penelope looked at him weirdly, "Thanks?" She closed the door behind her and stood there for a second, thinking about the whole conversation. 

-

Lydia decided to make her two kids come with her this morning to go get breakfast. The three haven't had much time together this summer. As much as she loved the Fisher's and the Conklin's, Lydia also wanted some time with her kids. 

They were at the local pancake diner and Penelope ordered a stack waffles.

"Dean, have you started looking at colleges?" Lydia began the conversation.

"No, mom. I don't want to go to college, it's stupid."

Lydia sighed, "Can you at least look? I'm not going to force you to go, but just look." Dean nodded and began to eat his pancakes.

"Why would you get waffles at a pancake diner? You menace." Dean gave Penelope a judgmental look.

She scoffed, "If anything, you're the menace." she pointed at him with her fork, "Waffles are better, pancakes suck. They're too soft, plus waffles hold syrup nicely."