09, Summer Catch.

Summer Catch.

Season One, Episode Five. Part Two.

-

Penelope was in her room listening to music as she was finishing up cleaning her room. She sat on her bed, petting Leo when she heard Belly and Jeremiah start to talk. 

Penelope heard Belly decline his invitation to go swimming and was confused. Belly never missed a chance to go swimming.

Penelope was about to get up and go to talk to Belly when someone knocked on her door. "Come in." she looked to see who it was.

It was Jeremiah. He smiled, "Do you want to come swimming with me?"

Penelope winced, she wanted to. But Penelope also really wanted to talk to Belly. Recently, the two girls haven't been talking as much. Penelope missed her best friend, "Maybe later? I wanna talk to Belly. I haven't in a while."

He nodded, "Okay, have fun." She smiled at him and he closed to door behind him. She sat on her bed for a second until she heard his door close.

Once she heard the door close she sat up and gestured for the dog to follow after her. Penelope knocked Belly's door, "Can I come in Bells?"

She heard Belly shuffling around, "Yeah." 

When Penelope walked in Belly was looking at herself in the mirror. She sat on the bed and watched Belly. "So what's been going on with you? I feel like we haven't spoke much since the Fourth."

Belly sighed and went to go sit next to Penelope, "Me and Conrad. We almost kissed."

Penelope jumped up in shock, "What?" She yelled at Belly. 

Belly laughed and started to shush her, "Shhh, I don't want Jere hearing."

"Sorry, but what? How? When? I thought you got like really drunk and were sleeping the whole time." 

"When I woke up I went downstairs to go watch the fireworks. And there he was, on the dock." Belly explained, "So I walked over to him and we talked and then we almost kissed!"

"Oh, my God! Bells that's amazing!" Penelope was happy for her, the guy she's liked since she was little was finally noticing her. But then, Penelope wasn't happy, "But wait, what about Cam? Are you two like done?" 

Belly sighed, "I don't know. I really like him too, just not as much as Conrad, you know?" Penelope nodded. "If whatever this is with Conrad continues, I'll break up with him. But he likes me so much and I don't want to hurt him."

Penelope placed a hand over Belly's hand comfortingly, "I think it'll hurt more if he finds out that you and Conrad almost kissed."

Belly nodded, "I know. I know. I'm gonna try to end it really soon. I promise." Penelope nodded and the two girls continued to talk.

-

Penelope was now on the phone with Lila. They were talking about her next visit. Lila and Taylor would both come up twice during the summer. Once for Belly's birthday, and the next for the volleyball tournament. Penelope and Lila never participated in it.

They were horrible at volleyball and they honestly thought that they would just embarrass themselves. 

Penelope was catching up Lila on everything else that they couldn't get to before. "Okay so basically, the moms are like mega high right now."

"No way!" Lila laughed at the thought of them being high. She couldn't see Laurel being high. 

She nodded and laughed with Lila, "Yes way! Susannah was painting J and, you know her, she's a good artist. But oh, my God. It was horrible!" Penelope stopped talking for a second so she could catch her breath, "And then, when I was walking downstairs the three of them were in the kitchen, eating all the snacks!"

Lila gasped, "God, I'd pay to see them high!"

"Oh, but that's not even the best part." Lila nodded at her to continue, "Laurel asked me for advice with the guy she hooked up with last night."

"No!" Lila's eyes widened.

"Yes! And you'll never believe who he was."

"Who?"

"That, like, writer guy your parents always talk about? Cleveland or whatever his name was!" 

When Lila heard this she screamed, "Oh my fucking God!" Penelope and Lila laughed really hard and continued to to talk.

-

Penelope was now in the pool with Jeremiah, just as she promised earlier. They were racing back and fourth, trying to see who the faster swimmer was. Just as Penelope was about to win, Jeremiah grabbed her leg and pulled her back, taking the lead.

When he hit his hand down on the concrete she scoffed, "You're a little cheater!"

Jeremiah shrugged and grinned, "You don't have proof of that."

"You pulled me back! I was going to win. You are just a sore loser."

"I think you're the sore loser." He nodded at her, teasingly.

"I'm not a sore loser because I didn't lose! You're a cheater!"

"I mean, technically, you did lose." Her mouth dropped in shock, "I hit my hand on the concrete first."

"You were only able to do that because you cheated and have really long arms." Penelope shook her head at him.

He scoffed at her and splashed her. Which caused her to splash him. Now, they were having a splash fight.

Once they were finished they were swimming around in a circle. He was looking at her oddly. Penelope splashed him once more to get him out of his trance, "What is it?" She laughed at his face when the water hit him.

He smiled and shook his head, "It's nothing." She looked at him confused, "Everything."

"What does that even mean?"

He grabbed her hand, "You're my best friend." Jeremiah looked at the water, "There are times when I wanted to be more."

Penelope furrowed her brows, "Really? Uh-" She stopped short, "Why didn't you say anything, J?"

He shrugged and looked over at the house, "I didn't wanna ruin anything between us. Then, this summer, there was-" he raised his eye brows and cleared his throat, not wanting to mention Elio. "And I guess I was just waiting." He finally made eye contact with her.

"For me?" Penelope laughed slightly and pointed to herself.

"Yeah." Jeremiah whispered to her. "Do you think you could ever-"

Penelope smiled and nodded, "Yes. Yes." Jeremiah smiled at her.

Ever since Penelope was little Susannah would tell her and Belly that they were destined for her boys. After watching them grow up, Susannah knew it would be Jeremiah that Penelope would end up with. 

So here Penelope was, about to kiss Jeremiah Fisher. 

Jeremiah grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close. They stood staring at each other for a second. He grabbed her face softly and began to kiss her. Penelope smiled and kissed him back. 

Penelope felt safe. He wasn't forcing the kiss upon her. He was being very gentle. 

Jeremiah broke the kiss quickly, "I have waited so long to do that." Penelope laughed and reconnected their lips.

-

Author's Note

IM CRYING I DONT KNOW HOW TO WRITE KISSING SCENES IM SORRY ITS SO AWKWARD LMFAOAOAO

this is my shortest chapter but idc u guys got a kiss so deal w it😊