07, Summer Heat.

Summer Heat.

Season One, Episode Four. Part Two.

-

Penelope was in her room with her mom and her dog, and they were talking about recent events. "Yeah, so basically something happened at that party we were at. Between Belly and Taylor." Penelope shook her head at her mother, "I don't really know what the fight was about, but I assume it was something with Steven and Taylor? Maybe they hooked up." 

The girl shrugged, "But anyways because Belly is like mega drunk she accidentally told Shayla something had happened between them." Penelope was speaking with her hands.

Lydia Laurier laughed at the drama. She needed a break from everyone. Susannah was upset because Adam showed up, and then Belly knocked the cake over. That just made Susannah even more upset. Laurel and Susannah are fighting.

Lydia enjoyed talking to her daughter, especially because they hadn't had much time to talk to each other this summer. Penelope was always out, whether it be with Belly, Jeremiah, or everyone. They never had the much needed alone time together.

When Lydia pulled Penelope aside, asking her if she could just do one of their mother-daughter talks the girl was ecstatic. So, Lydia grabbed a bottle of water for Penelope and they went into Penelope's room and began talking. Penelope was still a little drunk, so everything she said just made Lydia laugh a little bit more.

Penelope told her mother everything, so of course, Penelope decided to tell her about what happened that night. 

"Mom, there is something else I need to talk to you about. I don't really know how I feel about it." Penelope began to play with her hands. 

Lydia noticed something was wrong and grabbed her hands apart, "You can tell me anything, sweetie, you know that."

Penelope nodded, "The real reason why I haven't asked Elio to take me to the ball thingy was because of that night that we went to the party."

"Yes, I thought you said you broke it off or whatever? That you didn't like him." Lydia nodded at her child, remember what she said earlier that day.

"Yeah, I did. But the 'real' reason I broke it off was because um." Penelope stopped short, trying to think of the right words to say. "He was just being really aggressive with me? I didn't really like it."

Lydia sighed at her, and grabbed her arm comfortingly, "Are you okay? You know it isn't your fault, right?"

Penelope nodded at her, "Yeah, I'm fine. Belly, Jere, and Lila all helped me a lot." Lydia smiled, she was happy that her daughter had people that could be there for her. Penelope shook her head, tired of the conversation. "Please don't tell anyone."

Lydia gasped, "I would never, P! Your secret is safe with me."

"Okay, now, I have one more topic for you." Penelope stuck her hands up in the air.

"I'm all ears."

"Okay, now brace your self. I know this one is gonna be a real doozy, something you never would've expected from me!" Penelope looked at her mother, looking serious, thought she wasn't actually being serious. Everyone could have expected what she was about to say. Lydia laughed and nodded for her to continue.

"Ok," She lowered her voice, "I think I like Jere."

Lydia cheered, "Yes! Susannah owes me five bucks!"