05, Summer Nights.

Summer Nights

Season One, Episode Three. Part two.

-

Everyone was sitting at the dinner table, talking to each other. A table that should hold only eight had twelve people sitting at it. 

On one side, Dean, Taylor, Belly, Cam-Cameron. Susannah was sitting at one end and Laurel was on the other. Lydia was sitting next to Laurel on the corner of the table. Conrad was sitting in a similar position, next to his mom. And on the other side of the table Steven, Jeremiah, Penelope, and Lila. 

It was cramped and in all honesty, they should've just gotten one of those small foldable tables and placed it near the table. But no one thought that until it was too late.

Even though they were squished together everyone was having a good time. 

Belly and Cam were sitting next to each other, glancing at each other. Belly was blushing and Jeremiah noticed. He looked at them oddly, "So, Cam. You mind if I call you Cam-Cameron?"

Cam smiled, "Mm-hmm. Yeah, man. Feel free. That's funny."

"Cool." Jeremiah pursed his lips.

"I'm glad you're here, Cameron." Susannah looked over at the boy and grinned. "I know your mom, Denise, from the club." She nodded and pointed over at him, "I have heard a lot about you!"

"Thank you so much for having me, Susannah." Cam spoke with his hands, "My mom says hi!" Susannah hummed at him, her mouth being full of food.

"Cam, have you ever had miyeok-guk before?" Laurel asked walking into the dining room with her hands holding a plate. "It's a Korean birthday tradition." She held the plate out to Cam.

"No. Looks so good. Thank you." He grabbed the plate from Laurel's hands.

"Belly told me you're vegetarian, so I didn't put any meat in it." Laurel smiled at him.

"Thank you, Laurel!" Cam smiled, he appreciated how considerate everyone was being. "Oh geez."

Dean looked over at him, "Why don't you eat meat, Cam?"

Cam looked to Dean, who had been awfully quiet the whole dinner, "Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming." 

Dean hummed, "Penelope always tells me about that." he rolled his eyes at the thought. 

Cam smiled over at Penelope, "And I just, I like animals." he finished his thought.

"Just don't come for my leather jacket." Taylor laughed.

Steven raised his eyebrows and looked at his food, "I'm pretty sure you mean pleather." 

At this, Jeremiah said "Ooh" as Taylor stuck her middle finger up Steven. Everyone began to laugh at their antics. 

Jeremiah continued on with the conversation of Cam being vegetarian, "You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat. So you let her kiss you with those lips?" Penelope rolled her eyes and elbowed him, causing him to briefly look over at her. 

"Guys?" Belly stuck her hand out them. "Stop."

Cam laughed with Jeremiah and Steven, "No, I don't judge people for eating meat." He shrugged, "It's just like a personal choice. I don't care."